Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Sage 50 UK slow over the network.

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
sageNoob
User
User
Sage Version: v2015 21 UK/Europe/Africa

Sage 50 UK slow over the network.

Post by sageNoob » 17 Aug 2020, 10:13

Sage UK - version 25.1.128.0

Hi, we have a small business environment with about 4-5 users accessing sage at any given time. Lately Sage has been running extremely slow for us - particularly in running Reports (but also general usage).

Our Sage resides on an SSD Server and we've all mapped to it using Window's Network Drive. I tried switching to UNC paths for accessing data but it didn't quite help...

The client computers aren't the best in terms of Hardware but they do match the system requirements and don't seem to have problems running Sage locally.

Any idea what could be a solution? Is Sage 50 not suited to be used over the network?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Sage 50 UK slow over the network.

Post by brucedenney » 17 Aug 2020, 10:36

Sage 50 is not network optimised. The network is the most frequent bottleneck.

If you have huge amounts of data or a slow network you WILL have issues.

Gigabit networking is what you need. What networking infrastructure are you running on?

What operating system are the server and workstations running?

Can you attach the support information from help>about do not do this as manager as you do not want to expose the activation key or if you do you need to delete the key form the file before posting it.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

sageNoob
User
User

Post by sageNoob » 17 Aug 2020, 10:52

It seems all the computers are using a 100Mbps connection on LAN. (Only the computer I use has a 1gbps connection and does perform faster than the others).

All OS are Win10.

I assume you want to see the "Data Information" section, image.

Let me know if there is anything else you need. Thanks!

P.S. total amount of Transactions seems to be 183,700 if that helps.

sageNoob
User
User

Post by sageNoob » 19 Aug 2020, 14:56

brucedenney wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 10:36 Sage 50 is not network optimised. The network is the most frequent bottleneck.

If you have huge amounts of data or a slow network you WILL have issues.

Gigabit networking is what you need. What networking infrastructure are you running on?

What operating system are the server and workstations running?

Can you attach the support information from help>about do not do this as manager as you do not want to expose the activation key or if you do you need to delete the key form the file before posting it.
any update?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 19 Aug 2020, 15:20

So the "server" is a win 10 workstation with a 100Mbps network connection.

This will severely limit the performance, you need to upgrade it to gigabit.

I wanted to see Program info, Data and System Details, could you do the other 2 bits?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

sageNoob
User
User

Post by sageNoob » 19 Aug 2020, 16:46

The server itself is connected via 1.0 gbps ethernet to a switch. I also tested transferring some files to my 1.0 gbps PC and it did have speeds around 250-300mbps.

However, all other computers are on 100mbps connections so I understand your point there.

Here's the rest: https://imgur.com/a/D6Npv4S

This is from the client pc, did you want details from the server's sage?

P.S. it says that its 1000mbps in the image but that's only for this particular PC, the rest show 100mbps.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 19 Aug 2020, 16:51

Have you set up the recommended exclusions for Sage in Windows Defender on the server and workstations?

What is the switch you are using?

The System Info from the Server would be useful

sageNoob
User
User

Post by sageNoob » 25 Aug 2020, 12:00

brucedenney wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 16:51 Have you set up the recommended exclusions for Sage in Windows Defender on the server and workstations?
Is there a guide to follow for this? Thanks.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 25 Aug 2020, 12:54