Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Cost fields in Sage 50 Accounts and Manufacturing

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
JohnH
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Cost fields in Sage 50 Accounts and Manufacturing

Post by JohnH » 25 Feb 2020, 13:48

We run both Sage 50 Accounts and Sage 50 Manufacturing. I'm not in Accounts and product costing is not my direct responsibility, I am operationally focused. I have some issues around getting unexpected prices on purchase orders which means I'm also questioning the validity of reports we generate around spend and margin. I'd like to better understand how cost is handled by the software.
The cost fields are slightly different in both Accounts and Manufacturing -
Manufacturing has: Last Cost Price ( Standard ) and Standard cost
Accounts has: Last Cost Price ( Standard ) and Last Cost Price ( Discounted)
What are the definitions for each Cost?
What drives each of the costs?
Are any of the costs linked across Accounts and Manufacturing?
Is there any logic in play, ie if one cost field is blank use another one to populate a purchase order?
Many thanks

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Cost fields in Sage 50 Accounts and Manufacturing

Post by brucedenney » 25 Feb 2020, 14:29

I can tell you that in Sage50, the last cost price is set, whenever goods come into stock at the cost price on those goods, typically this is the price on the last purchase order that was delivered into stock.

As I recall from my past experience with Manufacturing, the purchase orders are generated in Sage 50, so I imagine that the cost price from Manufacturing is put on the Purchase order in Sage 50 and that then updates the last price in Sage50.

The cost of goods is recorded against each batch entering stock, it is not the last cost price, the stock is used on a LIFO basis so the cost price of materials being used in manufacturing will be dependant on the cost of the particular batch that is being used. You can see this by looking at the activity on the product in Sage50, goods going out to manufacturing will have the transaction type of MO and they will have a cost price
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.