Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Sage 50 CIS module help please!

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
jessica94
User
User
Sage Version: US Sage 50 Version (Peachtree)

Sage 50 CIS module help please!

Post by jessica94 » 14 Jun 2019, 11:27

Hello,

I’ve recently started using the Sage CIS module to post subcontractor invoices including CIS deductions.

Some invoices have further deductions for things such as training costs.

I’m having trouble posting and paying these particular invoices including the further deductions.

I can’t seem to be able to post a subcontractor payment without it deducting the training costs (posted as a separate credit note) before it’s deducting the CIS from the labour amount.

For example:

Labour £800
- CIS @ 20% £160

Total: £640
- £50 training costs

Total payable to sub-con: £590.

How can I do it this way in sage please? All its letting me do is allocate the credit first so it’s taking the £50 off the £800 which is then making the CIS deduction incorrect!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i’m currently at a loss what to do!!

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Sage 50 CIS module help please!

Post by brucedenney » 14 Jun 2019, 11:33

Did you enter the credit note as non-CIS ?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

jessica94
User
User

Post by jessica94 » 14 Jun 2019, 11:44

Thanks for your quick response, I was advised to post the invoice to the subcontractor and to the CIS labour nominal code and then the credit note separately to the subcontractor as a supplier and also to a CIS nominal.

Both are appearing when I go to post the subcontractor payment however i’m just stuck with how to deduct the CIS amount before the training deduction.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 14 Jun 2019, 11:57

I think you need to post it to a different nominal, as long as it is going to the CIS it will be treated as CIS
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

jessica94
User
User

Post by jessica94 » 14 Jun 2019, 12:30

Okay thanks, but how do I deduct the CIS from the labour beforehand? As it won’t let me deduct the CIS before deducting the separate training costs so it won’t throw out the cost of labour and mess up the amount of CIS coming off.

This is how sage wants me to do it:

£800 labour
- £50 training

Total: £750
- CIS £150

Total payable: £600.

But it needs to be:

£800 labour
-CIS £160

Total: £640
-£50 training

Total payable: £590.

It’s throwing me out by £10 each time!!

TIA.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 14 Jun 2019, 12:33

jessica94
User
User

Post by jessica94 » 14 Jun 2019, 12:36

I have, yes. Unfortunately it doesn’t have the answers I need. Thank you for your help anyway :)