Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Problem entering amounts in price fields

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
tpwdesign
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Problem entering amounts in price fields

Post by tpwdesign » 11 Jun 2019, 14:03

Our accountant is having a big issue trying to enter money amount in Cash Receipt panel. The empty field has "000.00" placeholder and it's impossible to write over this text with new amount. The zeros keep overwriting the number she tries to enter.
Is there any way to turn this off?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Problem entering amounts in price fields

Post by brucedenney » 11 Jun 2019, 14:06

Please provide a screen short of where this is happening as I am unable to reproduce the issue.

Is it a Customer Receipt or a Bank Receipt?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

tpwdesign
User
User

Post by tpwdesign » 11 Jun 2019, 14:14

brucedenney wrote: 11 Jun 2019, 14:06 Please provide a screen short of where this is happening as I am unable to reproduce the issue.
It's actually both the date and the amount fields that keep overwriting some sort of default values
sage-amount.jpg
Login to access the files attached to this post.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 11 Jun 2019, 14:43

So this is a customer receipt, the problem is that a Customer account has not been entered.
Untitled.png
Login to access the files attached to this post.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

tpwdesign
User
User

Post by tpwdesign » 11 Jun 2019, 14:54

brucedenney wrote: 11 Jun 2019, 14:43 So this is a customer receipt, the problem is that a Customer account has not been entered.

Untitled.png
Thanks for the reply. The customer account is being selected as the first step, then she goes into amount fields, types in the amount left of the decimal point - all is fine. Then she tries to hit . or move cursor right to the . and type in cents value and there's no way to insert anything, zeros just keep deleting whatever she tries to enter. I tried switching to different keyboard, use both the regular . key and on the num pad. Can't do anything to enter .50 or .25 or anything after the dot.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 11 Jun 2019, 14:58

Try doing it in the demo company.

Did you check your data?

Have you tried the popup keyboard button on the right of the field?

tpwdesign
User
User

Post by tpwdesign » 11 Jun 2019, 15:07

brucedenney wrote: 11 Jun 2019, 14:58 Try doing it in the demo company.

Did you check your data?

Have you tried the popup keyboard button on the right of the field?
The popup keyboard is the same, first digit ads number before . then "00" appear right away and when I hit the next digit - it is inserted after the zeros so I get "1.002".
Funny thing is - we were running this Sage installation on Virtual machine inside her Mac and there was no issue, we've decided to move it to regular pc because it was too slow and now we have this :-(

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 11 Jun 2019, 15:08

Have you tried the demo company

Have you checked the data

tpwdesign
User
User

Post by tpwdesign » 11 Jun 2019, 15:19

brucedenney wrote: 11 Jun 2019, 15:08 Have you tried the demo company

Have you checked the data
Same effect on demo data

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 11 Jun 2019, 15:20

Have you correctly set the regional settings in Windows?

Has it got valid currency/dates etc?

tpwdesign
User
User

Post by tpwdesign » 11 Jun 2019, 15:41

brucedenney wrote: 11 Jun 2019, 15:20 Have you correctly set the regional settings in Windows?

Has it got valid currency/dates etc?
Yup, all is set correctly. We've restored from last backup from Virtual Machine installation. The only way to insert the amounts freely is to click on the calculator field, pick CC button at the bottom and then I can insert any numbers without interruptions. Any other way gets this bloody zeros to delete everything. Drives her maaaddd!

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 11 Jun 2019, 15:42

Restoring from a virtual machine is not quite the same thing...

I suggest setting them again. Set them to the wrong thing then the correct thing.

tpwdesign
User
User

Post by tpwdesign » 11 Jun 2019, 15:44

brucedenney wrote: 11 Jun 2019, 15:42 Restoring from a virtual machine is not quite the same thing...

I suggest setting them again. Set them to the wrong thing then the correct thing.
I've meant we've restored Sage only from the Parallels installation, not the whole Windows. The OS was installed fresh from the USB stick.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 11 Jun 2019, 16:00

By default it could have american regional settings or something weird.

I strongly suggest checking and resetting them.

tpwdesign
User
User

Post by tpwdesign » 11 Jun 2019, 16:19

brucedenney wrote: 11 Jun 2019, 16:00 By default it could have american regional settings or something weird.

I strongly suggest checking and resetting them.
Do you mean resetting Sage? Would that delete all of the data?
Sorry I'm not a Sage expert, just helping the accountant as I'm the "IT guy" :-)