Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Problem entering amounts in price fields

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Problem entering amounts in price fields

Post by brucedenney » 12 Jun 2019, 09:26

NO

I mean resetting the Regional Settings in Windows.

https://support.office.com/en-us/articl ... e9e8a54989

Untitled.png
Login to access the files attached to this post.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

tpwdesign
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by tpwdesign » 12 Jun 2019, 16:53

brucedenney wrote: 12 Jun 2019, 09:26 NO

Untitled.png

HI Bruce
My numbers screen looks slightly different. I don't have the last 2 options - Standard & Use Negative Digits. Which build of the system are you running? My PC is 1903 but the VM version I think is the previous version - 18xx. Could this be the cause of the issues - latest Windows version?

tpwdesign
User
User

Post by tpwdesign » 13 Jun 2019, 13:00

tpwdesign wrote: 12 Jun 2019, 16:53
brucedenney wrote: 12 Jun 2019, 09:26 NO

Untitled.png

HI Bruce
My numbers screen looks slightly different. I don't have the last 2 options - Standard & Use Negative Digits. Which build of the system are you running? My PC is 1903 but the VM version I think is the previous version - 18xx. Could this be the cause of the issues - latest Windows version?

Turned out it was the newest build of Windows messing the keyboard entries. I've rolled back to 1803 and all works tip top!
So, stay away from latest update if you don't want to go mad entering numbers in Sage, which you do a lot :-)))

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 13 Jun 2019, 13:12

I have build 17763 and all works fine for me.

What build gave you problems?

I would expect to see issues typing number outside sage, not just in Sage.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

tpwdesign
User
User

Post by tpwdesign » 14 Jun 2019, 08:17

brucedenney wrote: 13 Jun 2019, 13:12 I have build 17763 and all works fine for me.

What build gave you problems?

I would expect to see issues typing number outside sage, not just in Sage.
I was running the latest 1903 may update, wipe the drive, installed 1803 and issue gone altogether. We don't run anything else on that pc so I couldn't tell if other apps were affected.