Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Using Projects to monitor events

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
Stokesy
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Using Projects to monitor events

Post by Stokesy » 28 Mar 2019, 18:36

Hi

I'm pretty new to Sage but learning as I go along. My organisation runs conferencing events (room hire, catering, equipment hire etc). I'm using Sage 50 Professional. I have all the services we offer set up under "products and services" as service items. We also assign event codes to each event so I want to use a project code within sage to be mapped to that event code in order to run a project/event p&l when all costs and income have been booked in sage. In order to assign the Project code to an invoice I've issued I realise that I must use Service Invoices rather than Product. But a service invoice won't let me select the services we offer from a drop down list (as would be available in a product invoice). I have to type narrative into the Details field

Surely there is a way of selecting services in the same way as products ?? I don't want to have to type the detail in first. I want to select from my range of services, put the price in and then F3 to allow me to link that service to the appropriate project.

Can it be done ??

thanks in advance

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Using Projects to monitor events

Post by brucedenney » 29 Mar 2019, 11:15

You need to use a S3 on a product invoice or a Service invoice.

It appears that Service Products do not allow projects to be assigned. I suspect this is because products can be allocated and issued to projects...

Would be nice to do it though....
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Stokesy
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Using Projects to monitor events

Post by Stokesy » 09 Apr 2019, 15:21

Hi Bruce,

An update that may help other users with the same issues I was facing.

In order to link invoices to particular projects, I've had to revert to using Service Invoices. Because service invoices don't allow you to pick from a drop-down list of products (as a product invoice would) you end up having to type in the service manually each time (which is a pain when our services are basically room hire, equipment hire such as PA/AV etc and various types of catering).

To remove some of this pain I've spent some time creating a Master Sales Order template (having changed my default invoice type to Service Invoice). This template contains all our services and I then got Sage to "Memorise" it. Now all I need to do when I'm creating a new order/invoice is Recall this template, remove the lines that I don't need and, for the remaining lines, go in and link each one to the appropriate Project Code.

Whilst it would be far easier if Sage allowed Product Invoices to be linked to Project codes, as a work-around it seems to do the job quite well and without an inordinate amount of typing.

Hope this might save others a bit of time trying to deal with this issue. :D :D

Cheers

Stokesy