Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Product Record / Graph;

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
jetblast
User
User
Sage Version: v2015 21 UK/Europe/Africa

Product Record / Graph;

Post by jetblast » 22 Mar 2019, 13:38

It looks like we have misinterpreted the product record graph & have been using this as a graphical sales report, when in fact it's a movement graph..

The graph appears to correctly report monthly product sales if there has been no incoming stock received in the month, but subtracts incoming from outgoing when there is stock received in the month (if 6 units are sold & 6 units received, the graph total is zero for said month) - does that sound about right?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Product Record / Graph;

Post by brucedenney » 22 Mar 2019, 13:48

This is the first time I have ever heard of someone using those graphs!

It sounds about right.

Personally, I would use invoices as the source for any reporting about product sales.

Do it in excel, group it, consolidate it, use a pivot table, graph it, do what you like.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

jetblast
User
User
Sage Version: v2015 21 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by jetblast » 27 Mar 2019, 15:28

Thank you for your reply.

The product sales graph is ideal for quickly looking at sales & adjusting product order points to suit - already "in" the product & far quicker than running reports & saves quite a bit of back & forth.

I put together a report & used "Stock / Qty_Sold_MthX" data field for the monthly sale totals, but the reports appear to be identical to what that product graphs are reporting & not completely correct (sales that are shown in Product / Activity, but not in Product / Graph). Guess I'll have to have a closer look at what's going on to figure where the inaccuracies are coming from.

Cheers.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 28 Mar 2019, 10:41

The devil is in the details.

There are cases where stock is adjusted, either because of damage or other losses, is this part of the requirement or are these one off issues that should not reoccur?

Personally, I would do this as an excel report, (based on either invoiced sales or stock movements depending on which is a better indicator) this would give me the product codes in a spreadsheet together with the usage over whatever period I was interested in. I could them build a formula to estimate my minimum stock levels, then run my eye over them all, alter the ones that are spurious, compare them to the current minimum stock and if needs be overwrite the computed value with what I wanted, then save the sheet and import it into the stock module to set the stock levels all in one go.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.