Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Customer Receipting/Supplier Payments & Default Department

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
Gateway
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Customer Receipting/Supplier Payments & Default Department

Post by Gateway » 12 Feb 2019, 13:24

We have 2 users on our Sage 50 package. I believe in order for Departments to allocate Customer Receipted invoices to their department a default department is required in the Product line set up? Having done this, it appears to pull through to the correct department area when the 'MANAGER' user Customer receipts the Invoice paid however when the second user completes the same task it automatically defaults to Department '0'

I have reviewed the Parameters and the Access rights and the second user has Access rights and Full access. I am not sure why 1 user can complete the task and be successful pulling the department through when receipting and why the 2nd user completing the same action is not?

On a second strand to my query; How do you avoid this when receipting Supplier payments when their are multiple departments on the same invoice?

Any help would be appreciated. Reporting by department is currently unrealistic and a nightmare..

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Customer Receipting/Supplier Payments & Default Department

Post by brucedenney » 13 Feb 2019, 15:11

Are these users on the Same PC?

Some things are PC installation dependant and others are user dependant.

I don't know why you are doing this or what the purpose is, so I can't really be specific, however, it would seem to me that you could do it a different way. Perhaps use something off the record you are paying to identify the receipts?

I would really need to know what the objective was to be able to come up with any alternative methods.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Gateway
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by Gateway » 14 Feb 2019, 14:21

No it is on 2 different computers, so we can be logged in and working at the same time.

The purpose is so we can report via departments and profile our different services we operate which is currently defined by departments.

When it Customer receipts and doesn't pull the defaulted department from the invoice/product line - the report is then not a true reflection of the income for the different departments. It seems strange to default a department to a product line if it isn't going to pull through all the processes for all users?

Hopefully this provides a little more clarity on purpose?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 15 Feb 2019, 11:31

Income is not defined by receipts, it is defined by the invoices.

So it doesn't matter what department the money is received against as the income was recorded when the invoice transaction was posted.

Posting the receipt on a different department, would only change the Balance Sheet and only for the current year as the end of year journals all happen on the default department.

Did you try using both logins on both PC to see if the issue is user dependent or PC dependant?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.