Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

deleting transactions

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
sbrown1264
User
User
Sage Version: v2015 21 UK/Europe/Africa

deleting transactions

Post by sbrown1264 » 05 Feb 2019, 16:44

Hi

I have sage 50 v25 running and I have completed a year end and run the trial balance, however when I come to delete old customers, it will not allow me as they have old transactions sitting on their a/c from 2010?

what do I need to do?

Regards
Stephen

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: deleting transactions

Post by brucedenney » 05 Feb 2019, 17:02

Hi Stephen

You need to "clear the audit trail" and you need to have done bank rec, vat recs etc.. see my guide below.

http://www.makingithappen.co.uk/sage-50 ... earend.htm

You can get into issues where people do not pay their accounts, but continually top up, these can never be removed, so you have to do some jiggery pokery to make them go next year, by crediting the balance zeroing the account then entering an opening balance.

Bruce
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

sbrown1264
User
User

Post by sbrown1264 » 19 Feb 2019, 15:47

Hi

I should point out we have two companies and the main one every year clears down properly. The 2nd company still has all transactions going back to 2012. This co. is only for subscription invoices and all monies received are posted to the main co. just as a bank receipt.

the only way I seemed to be able to tidy it up is by deleting transactions, one at a time, however that is a very long process.

Regards

Stephen

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 20 Feb 2019, 14:42

If they do not clear then it is for a reason.

Perhaps you have:-

not fully matched payments against invoices
not done the VAT return
not done the bank rec all
You could also be experiencing "chaining" this is where customers never pay their account in full leading to every transaction being needed to explain the current balance.

Without seeing the data I can not say which it is but it will be one of these.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

sbrown1264
User
User

Post by sbrown1264 » 20 Feb 2019, 18:07

Hi

As I said I do the same for both companies. I run the year end and clear audit trails, however co.2 never deletes anything in the audit trail.

this is the procedure we have. We only raise the invoice once the payment has been received. I create the invoice, post the invoice and then go to customer receipts and allocate the payment to the invoice.

The bank a/c has bank rec turned off, however I did go into it and change this and reconcile the a/c then turned bank rec off again.

The a/c being wrong is not a problem, as I said this set of a/c are used just for producing invoices and that's all. When we receive payment that is posted as a bank receipt in our 1st set of a/cs.
Regards

Stephen

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 21 Feb 2019, 11:22

I can't say without looking at the data.

However you did not mention doing the VAT return...?

If the amount they paid was not exact and there were pennies left over that were not written off at the time... that could cause some chaining.

sbrown1264
User
User

Post by sbrown1264 » 21 Feb 2019, 11:49

Hi

All invoices are only created once full payment is received and then allocated. This a/c never had bank rec turned on, so I turned it on and did a full bank rec and then turned it off again. The procedure is we send out a request to re-subscribe, they send the full payment of £30.00 no vat and then we create an invoice for the £30.00 and then allocate the payment to the a/c. That is all this set of a/c's does. All monies received are banked and posted into a/c's 1 as just a bank receipt to a subscription nominal code.

Stephen

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 21 Feb 2019, 12:12

I can't say without looking at the data.

However you did not mention doing the VAT return...?

Have you run the VAT return?

sbrown1264
User
User

Post by sbrown1264 » 21 Feb 2019, 15:21

This a/c never had bank rec turned on, so I turned it on and did a full bank rec and then turned it off again.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 27 Feb 2019, 11:01

Have you run the VAT return?

sbrown1264
User
User

Post by sbrown1264 » 27 Feb 2019, 12:00

No vat on this a/c all invoices T0

Stephen

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 27 Feb 2019, 12:41

You still need to run the VAT return and reconcile the transactions to be able to clear them.

run it, it will be zero, reconcile it and you should be good to go.

sbrown1264
User
User

Post by sbrown1264 » 27 Feb 2019, 12:52

ok I will try it.

Thank you
Stephen