Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Entering VAT for foreign services invoice

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
Geordie613
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Entering VAT for foreign services invoice

Post by Geordie613 » 29 Jan 2019, 18:26

One of my clients receives invoices for services (i.e. not goods) provided in Israel. The invoices are in Pounds, so no currency conversion issues. However, we have to enter the VAT. On top of that the VAT is reclaimed. I believe it's called Reverse Charge VAT, but I've never dealt with this before. I haven't found the exact case on sage help so I am unsure how to proceed.

So, I have an invoice for £5,000. The VAT is £1,000. My client has paid the supplier £5,000. How is this correctly entered?

I had a look at https://my.sage.co.uk/public/help/askar ... leid=11289 which mentions Tax code T24, and entering a nil tax amount. But looking at the standard sage tax code set up, I noticed code T20 which is labelled Reverse Charges. What is the difference between these?
"Difficulties mastered are opportunities won."
Sir Winston Churchill

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Entering VAT for foreign services invoice

Post by brucedenney » 30 Jan 2019, 07:29

Israel is not part of the EC.

If the vat can be reclaimed it must be by some other means than normal.

I suggest you contact a professionally qualified accountant with international experience to find out how it is reclaimed.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Geordie613
User
User

Post by Geordie613 » 30 Jan 2019, 11:38

Thank you Bruce. The company have dealt with the reclaim from Customs authorities apparently. I just have to enter it into Sage so that it shows in the accounts. What would you recommend?
Sir Winston Churchill

Geordie613
User
User

Post by Geordie613 » 30 Jan 2019, 11:48

Another question, How are we defining EC? Is that the same as the EU? (The EC I'm familiar with ceased to exist in 2009)
Sir Winston Churchill

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 30 Jan 2019, 13:07

Treat it as duty. Post the invoice as 2 splits putting the duty/vat into a control accont, then reclaim it back to that account later.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.