Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Sage closes with no errors after Network Company Set-up - RESOLVED

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
chrisuno
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Sage closes with no errors after Network Company Set-up - RESOLVED

Post by chrisuno » 12 Jul 2018, 10:53

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with a strange issue I'm having.

Setting up Sage 50 Accounts Pro on a new machine. The product activates fine. When I put the location of the network data it finds the data OK also.

The next screen is Confirm Details. The network location, company name and version are all present and correct. I hit connect and sage just disappears. No errors, no feedback. The application just closes.

Has anyone experienced this at all?

System details:
  • Sage 50 Accouts pro you are running eg 24.2.228.0
  • Windows 10 64 Bit
I have tried numerous things online.
  • Disabling Firewall
  • Enabling read write permissions
  • deleting queue.dta file
Any help would be much appreciated.
Last edited by chrisuno on 26 Jul 2018, 12:49, edited 2 times in total.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Sage closes with no eerrors after Network Company Set-up

Post by brucedenney » 16 Jul 2018, 10:28

Does the network server hosting the data have the same version of Sage50 installed on it?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

chrisuno
User
User

Post by chrisuno » 23 Jul 2018, 08:20

Hi Bruce, thanks for the reply.

The server is running V- 24.2.228.0. I have installed V24 on my computer and let the auto updater do its thing before getting to the company set-up screen.

Is there anyway to check the version I have, as I'm not in the full program yet, just the company set-up screens(so no about menu).

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 23 Jul 2018, 10:25

I think the best thing would be to set it up as a local install with a local blank empty new database and then, once you have that done, you can see if the version is correct etc.

Then you can reconfigure it to look at the server.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

chrisuno
User
User

Re: Sage closes with no errors after Network Company Set-up

Post by chrisuno » 23 Jul 2018, 10:57

I have set-up a test company. The version details match.

How do I now point to the existing network company to see if the data link will work?

EDIT : I found this.... http://ask.sage.co.uk/scripts/ask.cfg/p ... aqid=31531

Working through it now.

EDIT 2 : The following steps do not work

- Log into an existing company on Sage Accounts with the username manager, if required, enter the password then click File then New then Company.
- Select Use an existing company stored on your network then click Browse.
- Enter or browse to the location of the shared folder then select the ACCDATA folder and click OK then Next.
-Confirm the details of the company you're connecting to then click Connect or Convert.

I only have file, new, report / batch report. There's no option for new company, I imagine this is because I have a single company licence.

chrisuno
User
User

Re: Sage closes with no errors after Network Company Set-up

Post by chrisuno » 24 Jul 2018, 10:47

Hi Bruce.

I fixed the issue. Our accounts were originally on V.23.

So I installed V.23, then used the manual V.24 and V.24.2 install files from when I upgraded the original computers on the new computer.

Lo and behold it worked.

There must be some database stuff from V.23 that stops a fresh V.24 install from accepting the data.