Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Changing from POP3 to IMAP causing problems

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
zonkolooney
User
User
Sage Version: v2009 15 UK/Europe/Africa

Changing from POP3 to IMAP causing problems

Post by zonkolooney » 10 Apr 2018, 14:46

Hi Bruce - once again I am in trouble and hoping you can assist as before.

Thanks to your assistance previously I manage to get Sage Line 50 sending out individual statements perfectly. They went - ideally - to the drafts folder on my Outlook 2010 and from there I was able to either send out as they were or indeed sometimes edit where necessary to encourage payments with litlle notes etc by editing the PDFs before sending.
That all worked perfectly until we changed recently to using IMAP rather than POP3 so as to have better control over emails from a couple of seperate computers - most specifically to be able to view "SENT" items from each of the computers no matter which one it was sent from.

The Sage system now goes through its little 6 step routine and declares that they have been output successfully to email.
Unfortunately they are now NOT going to "DRAFTS" folder and also not being delivered at all to declared recipients set within individual accounts.
IDID try sending a test message from Report Designer which appeared at the destination but seems to have bypassed both Sent Folder.and also Drafts Folder.

Any ideas please?
I'm using Sage 50 Accounts Professional Version 15.01.20.0191

Thanks in advance
Peter

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Changing from POP3 to IMAP causing problems

Post by brucedenney » 13 Apr 2018, 15:10

If they are not going to drafts are they going to the inbox?

I suspect this may be because :
  • they made a new profile in outlook for IMAP.
  • they changed version of outlook
  • they changed setting in sage
  • something else
Can you rule out or confirm any of those?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

zonkolooney
User
User
Sage Version: v2009 15 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by zonkolooney » 23 Apr 2018, 17:07

Thanks for your response Bruce.

I THINK I have a workaround now.
I can get the statements to go the OLD drafts area which is all I need to be able to do to review them and edit the PDFs accordingly before sending them on their way then.
When I DO send them they appear in the correct Sent Items folder so happy days!

Funnily enough when I send them DIRECT to email they go to and from the correct Sent Items folder - strange but true!

Anyways the benefits of the IMAP ability to see sent emails from ALL computers far outweighs the inconvenience.
If I discover WHY it works this way I will let you know.

Thanks - as always - Peter.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 23 Apr 2018, 19:13

The problem is that you have 2 profiles in outlook. Sage needs to know which to use.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.