Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

How to remove unwanted companies from Backup Scheduler

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

How to remove unwanted companies from Backup Scheduler

Post by brucedenney » 05 Mar 2018, 12:59

I have just had a client who had been backing up the wrong set of data in the Backup Scheduler

Following some problems, they have (under the direction of Sage tech) moved their data to a different location twice,

As a result they had both their companies appear three times each on a different path

The multiple copies of data appearing in the scheduler caused them to get confused about which was the live data set and which was an old data set.

They asked me how to remove the redundant companies and I had no idea. I asked Sage tech, they didn't seem to know either, they said just untick the companies you don't want to backup!

So I have done some digging and I have worked it out.

The data sources are stored in the sqlite database used by the data service. This service database is also used for connecting to Sage Drive.

To fix the issue you just need to delete these files, this is described in the KB article on how to disconnect and reconnect to sage drive

http://askbp.sage.co.uk/Scripts/bpasksa ... aqid=34641
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.