Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Nominal Code List

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
Inisfad
User
User
Sage Version: v2013 19 UK/Europe/Africa

Nominal Code List

Post by Inisfad » 27 Feb 2018, 22:08

Hi all. New member here. We are using Sage 2013 v 19. Our bookkeeper makes a new ‘company’ for each fiscal year. All of the years that we have listed show a complete, default list of all the nominal codes. However, for some reason, this year’s list is incomplete, with only 14 nominal codes listed on the list in the nominal ledger. The codes are there, somewhere in the program, as we can post to all of them. But I am unable to run any reports, using the nominal activity section - only control codes show up on those reports. I am hoping that someone has some idea as to how to get the default list showing again in the nominal ledge. Help!!

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Nominal Code List

Post by brucedenney » 28 Feb 2018, 16:18

First making a new data set each year is a huge waste of time and resources, you can clear the audit trail, to remove all the unneeded transactions from the previous year.

See year end guide here. http://www.makingithappen.co.uk/sage-50 ... earend.htm

I suspect the reason you can not see some codes is because you have a search applied.
At the top right of the screen instead of "All Records" by the magnifying glass you will see something else.
Click on the search button and clear the search criteria and they should all reappear.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Inisfad
User
User

Post by Inisfad » 28 Feb 2018, 17:23

Thank you. Will have to try this, and if no joy (or have more questions) will report back! Fingers crossed!!

Inisfad
User
User

Post by Inisfad » 28 Feb 2018, 19:20

I’m sorry to continually bother you - Sage actually will not answer our questions without us upgrading our system, getting an support contract and paying over £2000. I have nowhere else to turn....:(
The photo below is all we see in the nominal list. On the top, it says ‘display all’. Our last bookkeeper left under somewhat negative circumstances. Again, we can post to the missing codes, we just cannot run any reports using them. Could he have hidden all those nominal codes somewhere? Am I looking in the wrong place for the ‘search’ function??
0A58C88E-E061-4443-B1D4-8A41113C3025.jpeg
Login to access the files attached to this post.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 28 Feb 2018, 20:27

I need to see the top right of the screen.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 28 Feb 2018, 20:28

Can you show the whole screen

Inisfad
User
User

Post by Inisfad » 28 Feb 2018, 22:52

Will take another photo again tomorrow when I’m at work. Thank you again for your interest in this. You’re a saint!!

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 01 Mar 2018, 16:27

Here is a screen shot I did, the Red Circle is where the Search/Filter is and the Purple Circle is where you can see that a search is applied. Clicking the Magnifying glass by the Purple Circle will temporarily remove the search, to remove it permanently you need to go into search and clear it.
Untitled.png

Inisfad
User
User

Post by Inisfad » 01 Mar 2018, 16:41

Bruce Denney......you are a lifesaver. I thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my query. In checking out the upper right of the screen (as in the photo below), we saw that ‘14 of 267 records matched’ was indicated. When we clicked on that, we got all records...and all the nominal codes listed. We have been trying to figure this out for days. Thank you again.....

Inisfad
User
User

Post by Inisfad » 01 Mar 2018, 16:48

By the way, I’m looking through this website, as the assistance that this site can give to our bookkeeping department is something that we cannot get from Sage. We do have a number of questions - things that our last bookkeeper did that we cannot trace or understand. I’m very thankful for the free support that we got for this nominal code list, when we were unable to get it elsewhere. Your pay-as-you-go support product is extremely interesting. I’ve forwarded the link to our bookkeeping department and will surely avail of this service. Thank you again for all your help. Seriously.