Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Delete unposted invoices

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
Geordie613
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Delete unposted invoices

Post by Geordie613 » 18 Jan 2018, 20:13

I have a client who's still running Sage 50 Accounts Professional 2012. They have a lot of sales Invoices that have not been posted, but are just sitting in the sales invoices list. I.e. They entered them as invoices, but for the actual sales entered the figures manually as invoice batches.

Anyway, they were producing warnings or comments for missing nominal codes or other bits of data every time I ran a 'Check data'. So, I deleted them, as the actual sales figures were in the accounts already and all the deleted 'un-posted invoices' related to old years.

Now, my client wants to archive the records and be able to access them from time to time. So basically, I would restore the data and then archive it somehow. Then I could restore back to today's position.

What is the best way to archive data, in a way that it is relatively easy to access?

I hope that is clear, and I'd appreciate all suggestions. Thank you
"Difficulties mastered are opportunities won."
Sir Winston Churchill

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Delete unposted invoices

Post by brucedenney » 19 Jan 2018, 10:59

The best way to create an archive is to use the sage archive feature.

With V2012 there was not an option to create a mid year archive, however you can do it manually as follows.

1/ Backup your data
2/ Do a year end tick the box to create and archive give is a sensible name eg Mid Year Archive, 2017MID
3/ once the archive is made, you can either go through the rest of the process or use task manage to close sage
4/ Restore your backup

If you have a look in the File>Open>Company Archive you may find there are archives already there covering the period that you want to delete the invoices for, so perhaps you don't need to do anything other than point your client to the existing archives for reference.

P.S. You could have added the missing nominal codes, perhaps you want to set default nominal codes for products and carriage so that future invoices do not have these issues. I seem to remember that if defaults were set then "Fix" would write the defaults in when they were missing, I might be confused on that, but it is worth a shot.

Settings>ProductDefaults>Details
Settings>Invoice and Order Defaults>Footer Defaults

If you do not want defaults because each should be set to a specific value, then I would still set up a default, but use an "exception code", anything that end up in there is in the wrong code and you can trace it back and fix it.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Geordie613
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Delete unposted invoices

Post by Geordie613 » 19 Jan 2018, 14:38

Bruce, Thank you very very much. That's amazing.

True, I could've gone through them and adjusted every nominal code, but it goes back 7 years, and may have taken me another 7 years.

It's all good now.
"Difficulties mastered are opportunities won."
Sir Winston Churchill