Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Redoing a year of accounts

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
Laragh
User
User
Sage Version: v2017 23 UK/Europe/Africa

Redoing a year of accounts

Post by Laragh » 16 Nov 2017, 10:34

Hi

I have to redo about a years worth of accounts,( it's the quickest and only option which is fine, all other options have been explored)

My question is

Can you amend the posting date from the present entry date to that of when the entries were originally posted a year ago

Is there anything I should be aware of regarding VAT,

Thanks

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Redoing a year of accounts

Post by brucedenney » 16 Nov 2017, 16:26

You can change the "current default date" in Sage so that it always prompts you with a specific date.

Settings>Change Program Date

You will be incredibly lucky/diligent to get your VAT returns to match up, you will almost certainly need to add up all the vat returns to date and then need to do an adjusting transaction for the next one to get the total to be square.

If you have any readable data in the data set, then it is possible to export that and import it again and save yourself some work.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.