Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

how I should post transactions

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
Annnnna
User
User
Sage Version: US Sage 50 Version (Peachtree)

how I should post transactions

Post by Annnnna » 11 Jul 2017, 12:55

Hi, I need the help with one task, I'm not sure how I should post some the transactions.
1.Paid 45 pounds invoice for accountancy fee.(is bank payment?)
2.Paid 120 pounds invoice JJ for Premises Insurance(bank payment?)
3.Juan drew 260.50 pounds out of the business for personal expenses(tax code T9)
4.The Grandiose Hotel paid 2374 pounds to clear invoices SI 410 and SI 412(customer receipt?)
5.Pectinton Village Stores paid 1652 pounds plus credit note CR5 to clear their account.(customer receipt?)

Please, help me!

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: how I should post transactions

Post by brucedenney » 11 Jul 2017, 13:26

I am concerned that you do not know how to do these things, your employer should provide you with basic training.

1&2 Either you pay these things as Bank Payments, or you post them as Purchase Invoices and then make supplier payments, the decision comes down to if you get credit and want to maximise the time until payment.

3 It is theft to "take" money out of a business. I assume he borrowed the money and will repay it from his wages or some other means. So you need to keep a record of how much he needs to pay back. You could set up a Debtor Account for him in the nominal ledger and make a bank payment to that account, when he repays it it will bring the account back to 0

4&5 Customer Receipt, matched against the 2 invoices (and credit).
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.