Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Reconcile Bank will not run on USD dollar account but will for GBP

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
pauljj
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Reconcile Bank will not run on USD dollar account but will for GBP

Post by pauljj » 11 Jul 2017, 08:06

Hi,
I'm a little stumped with this one, as Sage are too. So, when running the Reconcile function on our UK bank account (1200), no problems at all, and until a few days ago the USD Dollar account (1220) just brings up and hangs on the small processing window which we have to crash out of sage in order to stop it.

After speaking with Sage at length they moved the data to a local machine and the Reconcile worked. So, they think it s an issue on our server, so they mentioned permissions. I followed all the steps through the sage help, to ensure all parent folders are feeding all the child folders with their properties, ensuring that Administrators have Modify access and I've literally gone through every folder to make sure all the settings are the same.

I get the same result, just a processing box that runs and runs - during this i look to see if i can stop the service itself and find nothing running (?) in order to stop it. - It's almost like the service itself hasn't properly kicked in.

Sage were stumped and had no other advice to give. They suggested to upgrade to v23 as we are running v22, however, it's not available as an update for us (?) no idea why - and the accounts manager wanted to run the year end on v22 before upgrading.

Does anyone know if this has happened before? Any,any,any advice would be useful, as i'm not the IT guy, i'm the guy that does IT :)

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Reconcile Bank will not run on USD dollar account but will for GBP

Post by brucedenney » 11 Jul 2017, 09:06

I suspect it is access rights as Sage suggested.

I would double check the access rights.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

pauljj
User
User

Post by pauljj » 11 Jul 2017, 10:35

Well, i've gone into my server, logged in as manager, no access rights i can change for that, that i can see, and i started the process 20mins ago, and it's still going. I'm not sure this is access or permissions? maybe something else ?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 11 Jul 2017, 13:28

Manager seems to be an unusual account to log into a server, sounds more like you are logging into Sage than into Windows.

If you do not understand windows permissions or do not have administrator access to your server, you should contact the person who maintains your server and have them check the permissions. It is also worth resetting them even if they are correct as Windows has been known to mis apply permissions.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

pauljj
User
User

Post by pauljj » 11 Jul 2017, 14:34

Hi Sorry, yes i wasn't clear there. manager is our sage admin logon, i meant to say i logged into our server, then logged into sage using manager access on that machine as opposed to a local machine, I've reset all the permissions that i can, following the sage help advice on their site. It's so peculiar because our GBP main account works just fine, and each folder (1200 & 1220) settings are the same.

Stumped is my word du jour.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 12 Jul 2017, 11:23

It is not an issue in SAGE.

The issue is access rights in your operating system. You need to reset the permissions in Windows not in Sage.

Contact your server support for help with doing this in Windows if you do not understand windows permissions as you can easily do more harm than good if you do not know what you are doing.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/lib ... s.11).aspx

all windows user that use sage need FULL permission to the company directory, all files in the directory and all sub directories and all files in all sub directories.