Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Edit Sales Invoice department code

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
Acorn
User
User
Sage Version: v2014 20 UK/Europe/Africa

Edit Sales Invoice department code

Post by Acorn » 30 May 2017, 16:31

Hi
I have created customer accounts and set a default department code on each account.
When creating a Invoice I sometimes have to change the default department.
When printing the Invoice the department code is not changing on the hard copy of the Invoice however if I then go back on to Sage and edit the Invoice there is no need as it has changed - its just not showing that change on the hard copy when you print it off!! Any ideas how I get it to change on the hard copy as well as on Sage?
Thanks

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Edit Sales Invoice department code

Post by brucedenney » 30 May 2017, 19:21

There are multiple department numbers associated with the invoice and you can choose which one to use!

There is one associated with the customer, this is in the sales_ledger table.
There is one in the Global details section in the Invoice Table
There is one in the Carriage section in the Invoice Table
There is one on the product code in the Stock table
There is one on the line item in the inv_item table

You just need to use the right one in the right place.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Acorn
User
User
Sage Version: v2014 20 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by Acorn » 31 May 2017, 08:18

Thanks.
So, Lets say on the Sales Ledger account the default is set at Department 1.

I raise an Invoice and have to change the line item department code to 7. (There is only ever one line item per invoice).

When I print the Invoice, I need the department code at the bottom of the Invoice to say 7. I guess I have to change that on the account settings before I raise the Invoice each time?

Thanks

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 31 May 2017, 12:13

INVOICE_ITEM.DEPT_NUMBER if printed in the footer will give you the department of the last item on the invoice.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.