Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

SBDDesktop crash on opening new company v23

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
sage50rider
User
User
Sage Version: v2017 23 UK/Europe/Africa

SBDDesktop crash on opening new company v23

Post by sage50rider » 05 May 2017, 13:04

Hi,
I’m hoping someone out there is having the same issue as I am, and maybe they have got somewhere with a solution.

Sage v23 Windows 10

When a company is added from the network (or locally) which has not been opened before, Sage crashes with “SBDDesktop.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available”
When you reopen Sage the company is in the list and can be opened without issue.

This is an issue for all machines in my company (45), but also my own personal laptop which is not connected to a domain. I have also done a fresh install of W10 which has only Sage on it and not joined to any domain, and the issue persists. This machine was also logged on as the system default administrator.

Seems to affect W10 Anniversary as well as the original release.

I have also tested on a 32 bit Windows 7 machine.
Prior to the January update there was no issue. Once the update was applied Sage would just crash with no errors and nothing in the event viewer. But again, once it was restarted the company was listed and you could enter without issue.

I have redownloaded the install media from Sage website as well.

I’ve just spent a while on the phone to Sage support regarding this and they have had nothing reported like this, so have drawn a blank.

Any thoughts are welcome at this stage!

Thanks!

Event Viewer:
Faulting application name: SBDDesktop.exe, version: 14.0.54.0, time stamp: 0x568a5742
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.10240.17354, time stamp: 0x58d9f20d
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x000b4128
Faulting process ID: 0x1298
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2c59d8ae74965
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Sage SBD\SBDDesktop\v14\SBDDesktop.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: b829cb3f-c098-46ce-a44b-0875300cfe5f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: SBDDesktop crash on opening new company v23

Post by brucedenney » 05 May 2017, 14:32

Sounds like this is resolved by opening it letting it crash then opening it again or have I not understood.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

sage50rider
User
User

Post by sage50rider » 05 May 2017, 14:36

I'd say it's more a workaround, but yes, once it has crashed and reopened it seems to then be ok.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen the issue and has resolved it.

Thanks.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 05 May 2017, 14:51

I agree it is a work around, but you have to consider the economics of your time, do you spend an a couple of hours doing a 5 min job on each machine running the workaround or spend even more hours trying to find a fix it and still end up doing working around.

I have not heard of this before, although now you mention it I think I might have witnessed it, but as it is fixed as soon as it is done not given a second thought to it.

In your position I would just bite the bullet, do the workaround and move on.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

sage50rider
User
User

Post by sage50rider » 05 May 2017, 14:57

I totally agree.

Quite a few hours have been expended on this which is a very minor issue which doesn't really upset any of my users!

I think, as you say, at this point I'll just accept it as a glitch!

Thanks for your help all the same! :)