Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Invoice layout per department

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
scotrodg
User
User
Sage Version: v2016 22 UK/Europe/Africa

Invoice layout per department

Post by scotrodg » 10 Apr 2017, 13:47

Good afternoon Folks

Is it possible to set Sage 50 to use different invoice layouts for goods dispatched from different departments within Sage by default?

We use two distinct departments within Sage, one of which requires specific information on the invoice and the other doesn't.
I can adjust the layout to include the data quite easily but it then follows through to all invoices as things are set up at the moment.

Any advice?

Regards
Rodger Caldwell

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Invoice layout per department

Post by brucedenney » 10 Apr 2017, 13:57

Add the extra text on the layout,
set the suppress printing property to true.
set the conditional formatting property to if Department = 1 then suppress printing = false.

You can add multiple text boxes and set each of them with conditions for different departments then stack them on top of each other.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

scotrodg
User
User

Post by scotrodg » 11 Apr 2017, 09:13

Thanks as ever Bruce.

The only issue I have now is setting up the print filters.
I had amended the layout from the invoice tab within the original test sales order that we created. Can I assume that invoices are generated to go out to the customer from the invoice module?
I did look in here and naturally my amended layout isn't available from there. Not a problem to redo or export to there.

I'm also unsure where to access the formatting rules. I'm familiar with the process as we use it in other modules but can't seem to find the prompt to build the format from invoicing.

Cheers

Rodger

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 11 Apr 2017, 09:53

If you right click, you can open explorer in the directory containing the layout files and copy them from one location to another.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

scotrodg
User
User

Post by scotrodg » 11 Apr 2017, 10:16

Thanks again Bruce