Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

newbie help please

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
spezzle
User
User
Sage Version: v2016 22 UK/Europe/Africa

newbie help please

Post by spezzle » 27 Jan 2017, 11:57

Hi,
I've been using sage for a couple of months doing basic things, following instrustions from colleagues, so i have loads to learn still! using 22.1.10.394 sage 50
I'm confused about nominals for postage and carriage.
On our list of nominals we have 3 listed for similar sounding things.
4905, 5100, and 7501
Am i right in saying that 4905 would be used for when we charge shipping on sales, 5100 is for when we pay a courier like parcelforce to deliver something?
what is the purpose of 7501?
Help would be much appreciated!

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: newbie help please

Post by brucedenney » 27 Jan 2017, 13:55

OK her eis the low down.

4XXX codes are for things you sell to others
5XXX codes are for the cost of things you sell to others
7XXX codes are for things you buy to run the business.

So If you invoiced someone for shipping something by post you would use the 4XXX code fro the income
If you bought postage for something shipped to a customer and invoiced on a 4XXX code then this expense would go on the 5XXX code.
If you but postage for the office, mailing letters etc then that expense is on the 7XXX code.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

spezzle
User
User
Sage Version: v2016 22 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: newbie help please

Post by spezzle » 27 Jan 2017, 14:05

ahh, i seee! Thanks!