Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Can not connect to excel

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
lukaszm
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Can not connect to excel

Post by lukaszm » 14 Feb 2019, 08:57

HI

I looked through the forum and found viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3243&p=9503&hilit=c ... xcel#p9503
but only solution suggested is to reinstall sage. problem is that this did not help.

Basically when you click send to excel button you get error can not connect to excel . Same thing happens when you go to file>Microsoft Integration> export to excel

We have sage50 v24 and excell 2013 32bit. Thou problem has started with v22 . We hade changed pc's in office and after instaliing everything from scratch all was working on two other pcs and on this one ( same spec's and setup) this one option is not working. WHen you run reports from excell ( where they connect to sage) all works fine. We hoped that upgrade to v24 would resolve it ( that was planned earlier anyways) but that did not help.

THen I have done uninstall of sage and manuall cleanup ( according to the article from sage http://ask.sage.co.uk/scripts/ask.cfg/p ... aqid=31544 ) uninstalled office 2013 done cleanup in registry and on drives , then installed everything from scratch but still the same.

Unfortunately there is no errors in windows logs, and i dont know if there are any more meaningfull errors in sage that could point me into some proper solution .

ANy help would be appreciated.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Can not connect to excel

Post by brucedenney » 18 Feb 2019, 11:15

You need to be sure that your version of Office is compatible.

You need to have it installed before you install Sage 50

If uninstalling and reinstalling does not work, then do a clean reinstall.

http://www.makingithappen.co.uk/sage-50 ... nstall.htm
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.