Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

How to omit a specific product from appearing on Sales order layout?

Report design issues and solutions.
richbraithwaite
User
User
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

How to omit a specific product from appearing on Sales order layout?

Post by richbraithwaite » 08 Nov 2023, 16:43

Hi, sorry for my lack of understanding but hopefully someone can help. I am trying to create a bespoke Sales Order layout', by copying and amending an existing one.

I have a product called 'Certificate of Conformity' that people can buy when they want one; however, I don't want it shown on the new layout (because the layout is the certificate of conformity that will be printed out).

From the attachemnt you can see how I have tried to omit the product called certificate but this doesn't wotk. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.
Screengrab.jpg
Login to access the files attached to this post.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: How to omit a specific product from appearing on Sales order layout?

Post by brucedenney » 09 Nov 2023, 11:54

Hi

It is a little unclear what you are trying to do.

The first section ITEM_NUMBER Header is typically there just to help line things up.

If you click on it's heading you should see it has a filter on it set to false to prevent it ever printing.

The next 2 sections have filters so that one print when it is a Product Item and the other prints when it is a Service Item

It is unclear what you are doing with the other items on the order.

=============================

I think what you want to do is to print the block of text that you have in the ORDER_NUMBER Footer when you have the product "Certificate of Conformity" on the order.

If this is the case then, you could add an extra ITEM_NUMBER Group, hide the header so you just have the footer.

At this point the block of text can go in that footer.

We should not have 2 faults.

1/ The certificate of conformity product is printing along with all the other products.
2/ The block of text prints after every item on the order not just the Certificate of Conformity product.

So to stop conformity product printing we need to add a filter to the ITEM_NUMBER Footer section that is printing the product to exclude it.
It should already have a filter on it SOP_ITEM.SERVICE_FLAG = 0 so extend that to SOP_ITEM.SERVICE_FLAG = 0 AND SOP_ITEM.STOCK_CODE <> "COC" assuming the product code COC is used for the Certificate of conformity product.

Now you should fine the Certificate product no longer prints.

The Next step is to stop the block of text printing unless the product code is COC

So on the Footer apply the filter SOP_ITEM.STOCK_CODE = "COC"

I attach a sample report that has this done which you can use as a guide to amend yours.
Login to access the files attached to this post.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.