Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Exchange Rates

Report design issues and solutions.
Jay-90
User
User
Sage Version: v2015 21 UK/Europe/Africa

Exchange Rates

Post by Jay-90 » 21 Apr 2015, 14:17

I'm trying to show the exchange rates for Euros and Canadian Dollars on customer invoices.

There is an option to put the Euro exchange rate on but when I preview the report the rate is way out; around 6.61 instead of 1.347344. How do I change this? Can it be set so the report picks up the correct exchange rate each time?

And how do I put an exchange rate on for currencies other than the Euro?

Thanks,

Jay

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Exchange Rates

Post by brucedenney » 21 Apr 2015, 16:47

Use the Field INVOICE.FOREIGN_RATE

not INVOICE.EURO_RATE

and you are sorted.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Jay-90
User
User

Post by Jay-90 » 22 Apr 2015, 08:30

Tried this and it still doesn't seem to be picking up the correct exchange rate

Jay-90
User
User

Post by Jay-90 » 22 Apr 2015, 08:39

Also, I want to show the sterling amount on an invoice with Canadian Dollars. Any idea how I do this?

Thanks,
Jay

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 22 Apr 2015, 13:45

The sterling amount is INVOICE.INVOICE_GROSS

What exchange rate is it showing and what should it be?

If it that the exchange rate is reversed GBP to EUR rather than EUR to GBP of vice versa you can use the expression 1/INVOICE.FOREIGN_RATE to reverse it
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Jay-90
User
User

Post by Jay-90 » 22 Apr 2015, 14:25

I've sorted it now. Thanks.

Do you know what the expression is to show the exchange rate to more than 2 decimal places?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 22 Apr 2015, 17:23

Just change the properties of the expression to the number of DP you want, Expressions are calculated to lots.