Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Invoice Report

Report design issues and solutions.
nickharr
User
User

Invoice Report

Post by nickharr » 02 Apr 2015, 09:51

Would anyone know if there is an invoice report that would produce a list of each invoice that has been sent to customers in a certain period? I need it to have the customer code and name and then a list of items that have been invoiced broken down into separate invoices rather than one total list. I can't see that there is a standard report but feel that there should be one somewhere! The version that I'm using is Sage 50 Accounts Professional 2012. Any ideas would be gratefully received!

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Invoice Report

Post by brucedenney » 02 Apr 2015, 10:34

There is no such report, there are too many report in many respects already.

However it would not be difficult to modify an existing report that is close (such as the "Product Profit by Customer - Itemised" report), to add grouping and totals by invoice number.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

nickharr
User
User

Post by nickharr » 02 Apr 2015, 14:30

Bruce - many thanks for your comments. Is the "Product Profit by Customer - Itemised" report in Product reports or Invoice reports? Sorry but I can't see it at the moment!

nickharr
User
User

Post by nickharr » 02 Apr 2015, 15:00

Hi Bruce - I have found the report in Invoice Reports - sorry - I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to using these reports. You mention that I could modify the existing one to add grouping and totals by invoice number however, it doesn't appear to allow me to add a new group. I'm looking at Sections - add section - Group Header and Footer but then I get the Expression Editor and I'm lost!! Am I on the right track or should I be approaching this in a different way? Many thanks for any help you can give me.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 02 Apr 2015, 17:19

The expression editor wants to know what you want to group by, in your case this is the invoice number in the invoice table.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

nickharr
User
User

Post by nickharr » 07 Apr 2015, 08:09

Hi Bruce - many thanks with your help on Thursday - sorry I didn't get back sooner. Everything seems to be there now but it is sorting the stock code rather than the invoice number. I have added the invoice number to "sorts" but this doesn't make any difference. What I want to achieve is to group each invoice number together so that if a customer had three invoices in a certain period I would see the first invoice number listed and the goods that they had, followed by the second invoice number etc. I have attached a screenshot of the Report as it is. If you could just put me on the right track with this, I would be very grateful. download/file.php?mode=view&id=137
Login to access the files attached to this post.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 07 Apr 2015, 14:14

You need to move the invoice number section down, so that it sorts by stock code within invoice rather than by invoice within stock code.