Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Invoice showing monthly Payments

Report design issues and solutions.
Music Geek
User
User
Sage Version: v2013 19 UK/Europe/Africa

Invoice showing monthly Payments

Post by Music Geek » 11 Mar 2015, 15:36

Hi There,

At the moment I'm using a standard invoice that shows the total amount due. I want to add another field that will break down the total figure into a bite sized chunk, such as a monthly figure. For example if my total figure was £250 for 4 months of lessons, I want a field that will show what the monthly repayment of that total figure will be.

Any help on that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Invoice showing monthly Payments

Post by brucedenney » 11 Mar 2015, 16:58

Well... The "Sage" way of doing this is to enter a single invoice for one month and set it to repeat 4 times at monthly intervals.

I can understand why you don't want to do this.

What you could do is to add an expression to tell the customer the instalment payment terms

The expression is "This invoice can be paid in X Y Instalments of Z"

So in your example X = 4 Y= Monthly and Z = Invoice Total divided by X

The issue is we need to put X and Y into the invoice so that the report designer knows what values to use.

So if you put X in NOTES_1 and Y in NOTES_2

You can build up the expression below

Code: Select all

"This Invoice is payable in "+INVOICE.NOTES_1+" "+INVOICE.NOTES_2+" instalments of "+CURRENCY.SYMBOL+" "+formatstring("{0:f2}",INVOICE.FOREIGN_INVOICE_GROSS/StringToFloat(INVOICE.NOTES_1))
Why is it so complicated? well it isn't when you break it down.

Starting with the far right of the expression and working back.

The NOTES_1 field is text, so we can't do maths with it in its raw state so we convert it to being a number with "StringToFloat"
The resulting amount will be expressed as a string and will look strange eg 21.2 not 21.20 so the formatstring function is used to make it have 2 decimal places even if it doesn't
the rest of it is just adding strings together to make a big bit of text to say what we want.

This arrangement might be more than you need, it allows you to raise an invoice paid in 5 weekly instalments or 4 quarterly instalments or whatever you want, it is also currency aware so you can invoice in any currency you like.

Attached is a working sample.

I have also added some conditional printing, so the normal terms print if there is nothing in NOTES_1 and these special terms do not
Login to access the files attached to this post.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Music Geek
User
User

Post by Music Geek » 24 Mar 2015, 12:28

Fantastic that is really helpful, thank you, I shall give that a go.

Music Geek
User
User

Post by Music Geek » 24 Mar 2015, 12:54

Hi Bruce,

Thanks so much with your help on this. Just a quick question, I've tried to preview the working template you've attached, but it comes up with an error message "input string was not in a correct formatt" Is that because I need to insert the relevant information in notes 1 and 2 as yous said before? If that's the case, how do I do that?

Thanks very much.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 24 Mar 2015, 15:28

Yes
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Music Geek
User
User

Post by Music Geek » 25 Mar 2015, 15:11

How do I insert that I formation into notes 1 and 2? I can't get it to work so I must be doing it wrong. Sorry! Really appreciate your help with this, thanks!

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 25 Mar 2015, 16:42

What are the payment terms you want to apply to this invoice?
What have you put in the field notes 1 on this invoice?
and what in notes 2 on this invoice?