Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Days Overdue

Report design issues and solutions.
Flimsykitty
User
User
Sage Version: v2014 20 UK/Europe/Africa

Days Overdue

Post by Flimsykitty » 27 Feb 2015, 14:50

Hi I'm a newbie to the forum but I have been looking through previous posts to get some help with overdue letters that I want to send out to customers as part of our credit control.

I have used the expression REPORT.DATE-AUDIT_HEADER.DUE_DATE to calculate how many days overdue an account is but it is using the latest invoice date not the oldest.

Is it possible to make it use the oldest invoice date to calculate the number of days an account is overdue by? If so what expression do I need to be using?

Thanks in advance!

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Days Overdue

Post by brucedenney » 27 Feb 2015, 17:08

Can you post a sample of your report.

On my statements against each line I calculate and how many days overdue an invoice is. So it should work.

For a chasing letter though you want to look at the oldest record only, if there is a 90 day old invoice and you issue a new invoice they are not all of a sudden not going to get chased.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Flimsykitty
User
User

Post by Flimsykitty » 02 Mar 2015, 10:15

I've attached pictures of the report in designer view and then when it previews for a customer. I just used a standard letter from Sage and have amended it with data and text fields.

If there are fields that aren't needed or not correct please excuse this as I am new to report designer and learning as I go :)
Login to access the files attached to this post.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 02 Mar 2015, 16:42

Can you attach the .report file itself ?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Flimsykitty
User
User

Post by Flimsykitty » 02 Mar 2015, 17:17

Is this what your after?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 03 Mar 2015, 13:20

Okay

I think this would have been a .letter rather than a .report

I guess the board did not let you upload it as a .letter so you changed it. I have fixed the board so it will allow .letter files now.

-----------------

The way this works is that there are a whole bunch of different values for the AUDIT_HEADER.DUE_DATE as each line on the details section is an AUDIT_HEADER record.

When the reports gets to printing the Footer the "current" AUDIT_HEADER records is the last line that it has printed.

What you are getting is the "days overdue" that the last record is.

The way I would do this is to put the number of days overdue against each line.

Then at the end you can find the largest "overdue days" value

see attached...

If you didn't want the individual values to show, you could suppress printing of the field in its properties.

Flimsykitty
User
User

Post by Flimsykitty » 06 Mar 2015, 10:59

Yes sorry it was a .letter file but I had to change it to a .report to attach it.

Thank you for the attached .letter file. That works great and I'm quite happy to show the days overdue per invoice but it is showing in a minus figure, is there a way this be changed to a positive number?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 06 Mar 2015, 13:04

Reverse the expression to take them away the other way around and it will result in a positive number.

Flimsykitty
User
User

Post by Flimsykitty » 16 Mar 2015, 17:53

I've got the first payment letter working now, other than it won't show the invoice details on print preview but it does print :-/

However, is there a way of Sage inputting the date that the first letter was sent in to the second letter? I can see that it will as I can't see that it records when letters are sent, only statements.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 17 Mar 2015, 10:18

As far as I know there is no way to create a communication records from a letter.