Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

bank reconciliations

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
jsgraver
User
User
Sage Version: v2008 14 UK/Europe/Africa

bank reconciliations

Post by jsgraver » 22 Aug 2010, 06:17

Anyone frustrated with the bank reconciliation procedure?
I would appreciate any comments on this idea
Why not introduce MEMO bank statement account structure within Sage where the true Statement balance shows
Its pretty easy to import the bank statement into Sage(csv and a couple of tweaks)
I ran some free trial software to give me my unpresented cheque and uncredited lodgement adjustements
posted these to memo accounts
Bobs your Uncle!
bank statement to ledger balance on paper IN FRONT OF MY EYES!
print and reverse post clearing down memo accounts
Also i picked up a transposition error on a banking and adjusted the actual bank balance
Could the memo accounts actually be used to reconcile Sage bank accounts?
This is the area that Iam struggling with

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: bank reconciliations

Post by brucedenney » 23 Aug 2010, 15:28

I think you are no better off.

The sage bank rec is simplicity itself, the only annoyance was having to exit to do those odd pesky transactions, but that is cured now.

The fact that the bank rec now recreates the bank statement identically makes it impossible to have errors, the PDF history even makes it possible to fix difficult things like transactions deleted after reconciliation.

I don't see how the current system could be improved (Other than having a better/more flexible ebanking interface to do automatic bank recs with every bank.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

jsgraver
User
User

Post by jsgraver » 24 Aug 2010, 05:21

thank you for your comments
i agree 100% with all your comments BUT
it is the time it takes to physically match hundreds if not thousands of transactions
i worked for a car auction for 15 years and the volume of transactions was a nightmare especially if you missed a transposition error
my point was to concentrate on the unmatched items and treat as adjustments
anyway
thanks for youy valued opinion

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 24 Aug 2010, 14:12

If you are in the hundreds/thousands of transactions then internet banking and automatic reconciliation can help a lot.

Another alternative is to do a manual bank rec of just the outstanding stuff and then having located just the outstanding items in the bank rec swap the rest out to reconcile.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

jsgraver
User
User

Post by jsgraver » 24 Aug 2010, 15:15

agreed
thank you for taking the time to reply
and your constructive comments