Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Sage Job Costing Reports - Unable to connect to datasource

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
Rust
User
User
Sage Version: V09 UK/Europe/Africa

Sage Job Costing Reports - Unable to connect to datasource

Post by Rust » 20 Jan 2010, 11:25

Hi,

The problem we are having is that when you try to create reports, we get the message Report Designer: Unable to connect to Data Source. Check configuration.

Relevant info:
Line50v10
Job Costing v 8.0.0.0032

We have multiple machines with it setup and working currently (and has been working for quite some time). All old clients are running on XP. (installed as clients).

Have tried installing ODBC manually (though it has been unnecessary with all other cases) with no effect.
the system dsn has 1 data source "SageLine50v10" which has datapath ending in Sage\Accounts\ACCDATA

Have also tried uninstalling, then reinstalling both line50 and job costings with no effect.

cheers.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Sage Job Costing Reports - Unable to connect to datasource

Post by brucedenney » 21 Jan 2010, 17:22

I suspect Win7 is the problem, you are pushing your luck trying to get it to run on Win7

Sage V10 is end of life.

The issue is most likely to do with the ODBC drivers for JobCosting as you do not report any problems with reports in sage 50.

Is this Win7 64 bit or 32bit?

Sage job costing uses the 32 bit Microsoft Jet (Access mdb) database to report. Have you got 32 bit ODBC drivers installed for Jet/Access/mdb and are they working okay?

Did you do all the Vista installation tricks? Run As administrator and install into a directory other than Program Files?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

rhyven
User
User

Re: Sage Job Costing Reports - Unable to connect to datasource

Post by rhyven » 03 Feb 2010, 05:35

brucedenney wrote:I suspect Win7 is the problem, you are pushing your luck trying to get it to run on Win7
The issue is most likely to do with the ODBC drivers for JobCosting as you do not report any problems with reports in sage 50.
Is this Win7 64 bit or 32bit?
Hi Bruce,

I managed to get it working here (same place that Rust was talking about above) - Windows 7 32-bit, incidentally. There were a lot of things that I did; I imagine the winning combination is only a subset of the things that I tried, but I don't know which it was. We:
  • Uninstalled both L50 & Job Cost, and installed them in C:\ (avoiding Program Files folder)
  • Reinstalled the ODBC drivers from Line 50\ODBC\Disk 1
  • In the compatibility settings tab (for sgj80app AND RepDes32), I enabled WinXP emulation mode, and gave administrative rights
  • Turned off UAC
  • Plus other things that I unfortunately can't remember
The suprising thing for me though was that it seems 100% of the problem resided in the Report Designer. Once I got RepDes32 'released', everything came right.

Hope this helps someone!
- Eric

adolauk
User
User
Sage Version: v12 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Sage Job Costing Reports - Unable to connect to datasour

Post by adolauk » 10 Nov 2010, 17:00

Close down jobcosting, hit the windows key (start) and in the search bar type:- ODBCAD32

In the System DNS tab click Add

Select "Microsoft Access Driver (.mdb)"

In data source setup type the following (case sensitive), JobCostingv5

In the desciption type what you like i.e. Jobcosting

Save and exit or apply

Restart jobcosting and you should now have access to reports

Brennandez
User
User
Sage Version: v2014 20 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by Brennandez » 23 Jan 2014, 11:12

Updating this thread so people know the definite fix, the program has known compatibility issues with W7.

If you get this error, go into the compatibility settings for sgj80app AND RepDes32 which will be in the Sage program folder. Change them so they run as XP service pack 3. Close and re-open the Job Costings software and you'll be able to run reports fine.

olena.oleary
User
User
Sage Version: v2013 19 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by olena.oleary » 12 Oct 2015, 15:45

Brennandez wrote:Updating this thread so people know the definite fix, the program has known compatibility issues with W7.

If you get this error, go into the compatibility settings for sgj80app AND RepDes32 which will be in the Sage program folder. Change them so they run as XP service pack 3. Close and re-open the Job Costings software and you'll be able to run reports fine.
Thanks a lot - its work now!!!