Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Getting brought forward to work correctly in Statements

Report design issues and solutions.
zonkolooney
User
User
Sage Version: v2009 15 UK/Europe/Africa

Getting brought forward to work correctly in Statements

Post by zonkolooney » 20 Jan 2015, 20:20

Hi all.

I have redesigned a report for statements in Line 50 for email output to include outstanding invoices and credit receipts and after MUCH trial and error I have it working properly - all except for ONE important factor.
I cannot seem to get the setting correct for Balances brought forward. The problem manifests itself by stating that there is no data found even thoughif I run the statement with a date BEFORE the brought forward value so as to make the invoice appear, then everything displays correctly.

Any ideas please?

I am using the function CRITERIA.TRAN_DATE_BFCF_FROM to call up the brought forward balance in an identical manner as far as I know to another statement layout which DOES work correctly. It's obviously something very minor but I cannot solve it.
Has anyone else ever come across this or a similar problem and more importantly found a solution?

I am using version 15.01.20.0191.

Thanks in advance.
Peter

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Getting brought forward to work correctly in Statements

Post by brucedenney » 21 Jan 2015, 12:28

can you attach the statement to a post so I can have a look for you?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

zonkolooney
User
User

Post by zonkolooney » 21 Jan 2015, 15:52

Thanks Bruce.

Please find it attached.

Best regards
Peter
Login to access the files attached to this post.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 21 Jan 2015, 18:17

It seems to work fine for me!

I ran it against my demo data

Attached are your statement and a standard sage statement showing the transactions that your statement has grouped.
Login to access the files attached to this post.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

zonkolooney
User
User

Post by zonkolooney » 11 Mar 2015, 15:57

Thanks for ALL your help Bruce - it really is much appreciated! I set the criteria to include "Brought Forward" and this cured THAT problem
Did you at one stage have a document on emailing from Sage? I saw a link somewhere in the forum but it seems to have gone.
I inadvertently deleted one of the criteria items though " Include Future" and have NO IDEA how to put it back on the list.
Is there a trick to making the criteria "Exlude Future payments" into actually working?
It works on an original Sage layout but not on my one even though there is nothing different as far as I can see.

I read on the "makingithappen" page information about sending with MAPI and the problem that you must send each one individually and tried tinkering with the SMTP settings to get round this.

I get the following error message
"Mailbox name not allowed. The server response was: sorry that address is not in my list of allowed recipients - no valid cert for gatewaying (#5.7.1)"
Is this a Sage problem or is does it lie with my Internet and Email provider? MS Outlook is giving me a REAL headache also. I did each one individually and the outbox filled up and went on strike.

I am still having great trouble sending the emails and am getting near to giving up and getting drunk! Care to join me?

Thanks again
Peter

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 11 Mar 2015, 17:09

You can Add back in a criteria you have deleted.
Is there a trick to making the criteria "Exclude Future payments" into actually working?
Attach the problem layout and I will see if I can spot the problem.