Sage Report Designer - Print Footer on ALL Pages

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
coolguysvenster
User
User

Sage Report Designer - Print Footer on ALL Pages

Post by coolguysvenster » 18 Mar 2009, 10:36

Hi there,

I am pretty confident with Sage Report designer and have created a full set of reports and layouts for a few of my companies. There is one problem i have though that is driving me insane i am hoping there is some genious out there that can help me out to sort this.

On layouts such as Invoice/Quote/Sales Order etc if the quote exceeds 1 page then it does not print the report footer on the first page. I don't like this and would rarther it either print the footer on the first page (with no totals etc) or.... at least allow the details to fill the whole of the first page instead of stop where the footer would usually start.

If anybody has any suggestions then i would be greatful to hear back from you as soon as possible.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 18 Mar 2009, 19:42

The report footer only prints at the end of the report, in which case you would not be able to print 2 invoices in one go as the totals would be added together are you sure that it is not in an INVOICE_NUMBER footer, this is the norm?

What version of sage are you on?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

coolguysvenster
User
User

Post by coolguysvenster » 20 Mar 2009, 10:23

Hi,

Yes sorry i did mean INVOICE_NUMBER Footer, or in my instance im referring to a template i made for a quotation which is ORDER_NUMBER Footer. I want this to appear on every page of the report or at least create another section that appears on (example based on a 3 page quotation) the 1st and 2nd page, with the standard totals ORDER_NUMBER Footer to appear on page three? is this possible?

I am using sage version 15, i found version 12 of the report designer to be a lot easier to use lol.

Thanks

Steve

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 30 Mar 2009, 13:51

You need to use a page footer to print at the bottom of every page rather than an invoice footer to print at the end of each invoice.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

spartan
User
User
Sage Version: v2008 14 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Sage Report Designer - Print Footer on ALL Pages

Post by spartan » 21 Jan 2010, 12:21

Hi,

I have done this, but my page footer seems to print 1/3rd of the way up the page on the first page, then at the foot of the page on the second, when the invoice footer is present.

Any ideas why it is doing this?

sagedirectory
User
User
Sage Version: v2009 15 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by sagedirectory » 21 Jan 2010, 15:58

I would also like to know the reason for this please.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 21 Jan 2010, 16:50

The "Invoice footer" is normally (well with pre printed paper) on the bottom of the page regardless of the page

So the default way sage set up reports is so the space used by the invoice footer is blank on previous pages.

To prevent this behaviour switch on the "Allow overlap" property for the footer section and invoice items will run all the way down the page to the very bottom.

Rozie
User
User
Sage Version: v2007 13 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by Rozie » 17 Feb 2015, 11:29

Hi Bruce

I am using a quote format and the "ORDER_NUMBER Footer" is what I am trying to get to print on the last page only.

Your solution up there of "Allow Overlap" works well and now my 4 pages of content fits onto 2 pages. However, the footer now doesn't print at all. I don't understand why?
We are using:
Version 20.04.09.364
SBD Desktop Version 12.1.0.64
Report Design Verion 1.4.2013.27

Thanks

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 17 Feb 2015, 12:54

If you could attach your layout to a post I could have a look and see.

Rozie
User
User

Post by Rozie » 18 Feb 2015, 09:40

Thanks Bruce

I have attached the layout file for you (hopefully)

Rozie
Login to access the files attached to this post.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 18 Feb 2015, 10:04

This layout does not seem to have "allow overlap" on the footer section and prints as expected.

I am unable to reproduce the issue with it.

(The layout could be condensed as you have included a lot of white space.)

If you add in the allow overlap and turn off align to bottom on that section it should be okay see attached rework.
Login to access the files attached to this post.

Rozie
User
User

Post by Rozie » 18 Feb 2015, 10:29

I took the allow overlap off Bruce as users were still using that particular layout.

I have tried what you said, Allow Overlap = true AND Align To Bottom = FALSE, this seems to be the answer. I hadn't set the latter.

Thanks again Bruce x