Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

SAGE Instant Accounts V15 - PRODUCE REPORT AS PDF

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
lauralou1977
User
User
Sage Version: v2008 14 UK/Europe/Africa

SAGE Instant Accounts V15 - PRODUCE REPORT AS PDF

Post by lauralou1977 » 15 Jun 2010, 18:36

I am using Sage Instant Accounts V15 and i have been trying to produce reports as pdf but it won't work. I am using windows 7. I have tried producing an excel spreadsheet as a pdf and that worked. Also i have put sage instant accounts on another computer that runs an earlier version of windows at the pdf worked.

Has anyone else had the same problem and if so how do i rectify it?
I not really that good with computers so please give good instructions.

Thanks

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: SAGE Instant Accounts V15 - PRODUCE REPORT AS PDF

Post by brucedenney » 23 Jun 2010, 15:41

Please can you describe how you are creating the PDF from instant accounts?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

lauralou1977
User
User

Post by lauralou1977 » 10 Jul 2010, 11:53

Hi Bruce

I generate a preview report and from there choose to export it to a pdf but nothing happens.

Thanks for looking into it for me.

Laura

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 21 Jul 2010, 16:34

What happens if you print to file and choose to save as PDF?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

lauralou1977
User
User

Post by lauralou1977 » 27 Jul 2010, 21:40

Hi Bruce

I have tried to save to file as pdf but that does not work either. I can save it to file in another format but it does not work as a pdf.

Thanks

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 10 Aug 2010, 10:58

Sounds like a problem with the PDF driver, have you downloaded and installed the latest pdf software from the Sage Support site?

cjl
User
User

Post by cjl » 20 Oct 2010, 20:58

I am having exactly this problem also.

I've downloaded the pdf driver updates from the Sage site but this does not resolve the issue. I'm working on Windows 7 64 bit version. I've tried running various reports including P&L's and VAT reports - nothing ever appears in my directories when I try to print to file.

I am unable to save an .xls versions of the report either.

Any ideas?
Thanks

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 01 Nov 2010, 10:26

There are several things it could be.

My first thought would be to see if it is User account control (UAC) that is causing this.

I would (at least temporarily) Disable UAC and see if it works.

Nubink
User
User

Post by Nubink » 27 Nov 2010, 08:34

Hi,

Just to confirm to all that UAC is indeed the problem.

It appears that this is yet another poor part of this software and doesn't surprise me.

To run Sage (whenever Windows 7 or Vista [perhaps] is used), right click on the icon that starts sage, select properties, then select the compatibility tab. Near the bottom of this tab is a "run as administrator" tick box. Tick it. Click OK and start Sage.

I have spent waaaay too many hours with sage trying to make this software work. It is a program of workarounds... so if something doesn't correctly, think latterally.

Oh... ando other tip!!!

I spent a number of hours with a customers installation this week trying to work out why we couldn't enter into the postcode field when using the wizard to create a new customer (same for the new supplier wizard).

Uninstall, reinstall, UAC, full deletion, start with just the practice data and sample data... all to no avail!!

Only when the Sage customer services person and I were talking that I realised what was going on - The DPI for the windows desktop had been increased to 125%. We set this back to 100% (normal) and guess what... it worked!!

Sage were not aware of this, so beware of this little "feature".

Right, gotta go back and shout at the monitor a bit more...

(BTW: Sage tables are available via Access - or other ODBC compliant data access tool. this gives you access to ALL of the data (not just that which sage thinks you need).

DO NOT UPDATE THE DATA. But do use it for reporting...

Have fun

Gary

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 17 Dec 2010, 15:19

You don't have to worry about updating the data with ODBC Gary as the drivers are read only, it is safe as anything.

We have tools if you need to write data back into sage for anything.

markmywords312
User
User
Sage Version: v2010 16 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by markmywords312 » 18 May 2012, 12:45

I'm late to this thread but it's the first thing that came up. Sage 50, as usual, has a minefield of issues in Win 7, mainly due to the fact Sage never updates it's rotten software properly (Quickbooks any day!)

Sage 50 (at least up to 2010) has numerous issues with pdfs - the main issue is that their pdf driver IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 7 64BIT

Shocked? You should be.

1. Bank reconciliations won't reconcile because Sage is setup to immediately print your reconciliation to a pdf - so that doesn't work
2. You can't export reports to pdfs
3. You may also not be able to print to .xls files either (but I'm not sure of the workaround as yet for that)

Here are a few solutions:
1. First of all make sure your User permissions are set up properly. Right click the Sage icon-click properties-go to the compatibility tab and check the box to 'run this app as an administrator'. This may or may not fix it but it probably won't
2. Bank recs - if the bank rec hangs it's because it is trying to print to a non-funtioning pdf driver. leave the bank rec going but click the windows start button-go Devices and Printers-you will probably see a warning triangle against the sagepdf printer icon. Open it up and delete the doc it's trying to print. It won't print anyway. You may then find that Sage gives you an error message about not being able to print - close that and hey presto the ban rec recs!
3. Printing to pdfs - sorry the only solution is to install 'Cute pdf' - google it and download. When this is installed you'll no longer be able to use the 'Export' report button in sage reports because that's inextricably linked in with the sage pdf driver and simply won't work. Instead, after running a report in preview, click print file and select cute pdf as your printer (don't select the 'print-to-file' checkbox), then choose where to Save As and hey presto you've got pdfs back!!!!
4. You could simply try updating all your drivers from the sage website but they may not work
5. Buy quickbooks - it craps on Sage

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 18 May 2012, 16:52

Thanks for your views.

64 Bit Windows 7 came into existence after the release of V2010 of Sage 50, so compatibility issues are only to be expected. Patches and updates to fix all the issues you mention are available from the sage website http://www.sage.co.uk/au