Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Remittance via Email in Line 50 2009

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
CJcat04
User
User
Sage Version: v2008 14 UK/Europe/Africa

Remittance via Email in Line 50 2009

Post by CJcat04 » 28 Sep 2010, 14:08

Hi,
I am running line 50 2009 and want to send my remittances to suppliers via email rather than post.
I have set up email addresses in the supplier masters
I went into the Remittance layout and created one for email, but still have errors.
Under the email settings in properties I tried to add the to: address as per the supplier master but I can't seem to see the field?
When I run the remittance this is the error I get
"the email options for this report are not fully configured. do you want to send enture report as an attachement"
if I say yes, it seems to open email and have an attachement ready to send, but no email address and I was hoping it would send without me having to go through that process.

Sorry if I seem dim, I know my way around sage, but this is proving a nightmare for me!
thanks

CJcat04
User
User

Re: Remittance via Email in Line 50 2009

Post by CJcat04 » 28 Sep 2010, 15:21

Hi again,
I am getting there! I found a post after searching again on the forum which allowed me to set up the reports designer, that bit now seems to be working.

But when I go into run the remittance I get a new error!
"mailbox unavailable the server response was: must be authenticated"

Help anyone know what I am doing wrong

Kath
User
User

Post by Kath » 14 Oct 2010, 13:37

Hi

You're nearly there, actually. In the remittance layout, go to tools, options and then choose the email setup tab. Under Default Provider, pull down the list and choose MAPI if it's available. On the lower section 'Available Providers' click MAPI then 'Configure' and check the box for 'Use Default Profile'. If you have a regular MS Exchange email system, this should work.

When you run your remittances to email now, they will go into your Inbox in Outlook as drafts, ready for your to open each one and hit 'send'. It doesn't send them automatically, and this is a quirk of Outlook, rather than Sage (as far as I know).

Hope this helps.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 18 Oct 2010, 17:08

You need to configure either MAPI or SMTP (or both) in your Report Designer > Tools>Options>Email Setup You need to test there and make sure everything is okay.

Now on each report that you want to send by email you need to setup the email setting fro that report, that means selection either SMTP or MAPI.

MAPI is only available if you use a MAPI compliant email client such as Outlook.

I use SMTP fo all the bulk emails (with a CC back to myself) and send immediatly
For the one off things, I use MAPI and save to mailbox as I can edit the body and put in that personal message.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.