Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Cannot login into Sage Line 50

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
mellena07

Cannot login into Sage Line 50

Post by mellena07 » 30 Aug 2006, 12:45

software: Sage Line 50 v11.00.0016
problem: we cannot login into Sage line 50. the problem is it is asking for a password and we have no idea what the password is.

my boss can use sage before but we encountered problems with his login account so we created a new login account for him. after this we cannot gain access to sage already. he said that it was not asking for password before and now a password is being asked everytime we open sage.

is there any way we can open it without asking for any password?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 31 Aug 2006, 07:30

For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

mellena07

Post by mellena07 » 31 Aug 2006, 07:33

there is no option to login as MANAGER...it is only asking for password....

have tried pressing ok without entering any password and it says invalid password....

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 31 Aug 2006, 16:09

In that case you have assigned a password, not created a new account for him.

Try the account name you created as the password (first 8 letters)

Sage support can crack the password for you, or you can delete the company and restore a backup.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

mellena07

Post by mellena07 » 01 Sep 2006, 07:56

ooopsss...sorry...what i mean is we changed his windows account login...and when we opened sage it was already asking for password....

can we delete the company outside sage and how? as at the moment no one knows what the password is....i have tried his login name but it did not work too...

i don't have much idea about what happened as we are extending support to them remotely....

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 04 Sep 2006, 09:20

Ah... that is very different...

Is it taking ages and ages to process the logon?

Is the operating system windows XP or Windows XP Pro?

mellena07

Post by mellena07 » 04 Sep 2006, 11:23

no...it only takes a few seconds to process the logon

the operating system is windows xp pro

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 04 Sep 2006, 13:40

One thing I have come across that sounds similar is an issue relating to access rights, being applied to items in the all users account using the access rights for the user who originally installed the application.

I have only experienced this in a networked environment and with multiple users, sounds like you have a stand alone single user installation so it could be that the symptoms are a little different.

-------- Instructions --------

Check you can view all files and hidden files

Check simple file sharing is off in the view options of windows explorer

Go to "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users" and give all users full access and refresh the security options and untick inheritable permissions and tick reset permissions on all child objects.

Then under the ownership tab make sure the owner is set to include the administrators group and if the local user is not in the administrators group add the local user to the owner list and tick the replace owner on subcontainers and objects box.

mellena07

Post by mellena07 » 05 Sep 2006, 16:12

just managed to apply instructions below today and it worked!!!

thank you very much...i am now awaiting feedback from my boss as I just login to sage and have not done anything even accessing menu's as I am not familiar with it yet....

again, thank you very much for your help!!! :D

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 05 Sep 2006, 16:22

Nice to know that things are a little different when it happens to a single user system.

Thanks for the feedback.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cannot login into Sage Line 50

Post by brucedenney » 27 Sep 2016, 10:54

It appears there is an issue with windows updates and .NET, see my post here

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=294&p=9988#p9988