Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Customer's currency changed

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
rhyven
User
User

Customer's currency changed

Post by rhyven » 23 Sep 2009, 03:46

Hi,

One of our customers set up in Line 50 (v10) has suddenly changed from NZD (Currency #19) to Pounds Sterling (Currency #1) after being OK for over a year. There was one invoice/payment raised under the incorrect currency. It seems impossible to change it back to the desired NZD currency (the selection box is greyed out). Is there any way that I can do this, or is it only possible via data repair?

Cheers,
- Eric

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Customer's currency changed

Post by brucedenney » 23 Sep 2009, 13:35

The currency is associated with the account.

You need to create a new account for the new currency.

Any invoices raised in the old currency that will be paid in the new currency need to be credited in the old currency to the old account and matched off. New invoices in the new currency need to be raised to complete the process
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

rhyven
User
User

Post by rhyven » 24 Sep 2009, 02:17

Hi Bruce,

Sorry I didn't explain that very well. There is no new currency desired - the customer was set up years ago with the correct currency (NZD), and transactions etc were made quite happily until some weeks ago the customer in question was set to Pounds Sterling and as such we weren't able to reciept their payments of NZD into our NZD bank account, becuase Sage thinks they're depositing Pounds.

One other development from what I'd said in the opening post - the currency setting has spontaneously changed for two of the customers in the Line50 database (at least). We don't know how that is going to affect all the previous transactions made or the financial side of things, but it's causing some serious trouble for reciepting payments.

Does that make things clearer?

Cheers!
- Eric

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 24 Sep 2009, 12:14

If the currency has changed then it is probably caused by something like importing customer details, there is a warning about this in earlier versions. In later versions you can import a currency flag.

I have some tools that can fix this and put the flag back to the right currency. But would need your data and would have to charge, assuming it is not a hundred thousand transactions you are looking at about an hour to do it so about £50
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

rhyven
User
User

Post by rhyven » 26 Sep 2009, 04:52

Thanks again Bruce. There wouldn't be many transactions - I think it's a dozen at most. Only the latest has been entered in as the wrong currency I believe but I'm not completely sure. Will check with my client re the service, thanks.

We've been having a host of strange issues with Line 50 and Job Costing for months now... Issues have included database corruption, lockouts, missing jobs, etc... This is just one more. We haven't done any importing etc. Do you have any tools that will scan for strange irregularities and errors in the databases? Most of the issues we've had are able to be resolved with a simple "Compact and Repair" in MS Access but it leaves me feeling distinctly uneasy. Particularly when Sage Support advises my client to open the JC database via the ODBC control panel and repair the database. Just this week they managed to destroy the database completely and irrecoverably with that tool (had made a backup a mere two hours prior, thank god!).

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 28 Sep 2009, 16:41

I think it might be worth looking at the Project costing module and seeing if it could be used in place of Job costing.