Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

LINE 50 DOUBLE CLICK SHUTDOWN

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
HOSE1
User
User
Sage Version: V11 UK/Europe/Africa

LINE 50 DOUBLE CLICK SHUTDOWN

Post by HOSE1 » 05 Sep 2009, 09:24

We have an issue with Sage line 50 shutting down on its own, when double clicking on Customers,Products,bank and Nominal Accounts, It seems the only thing we are able to double click without immetiate shutdown are invoices. Also when viewing customer activity ie. customer/record/activity/view (unable to d/click on invoice) can only do once, when selecting another customer or invoice activity comes up but locks and have to shut down programme to get out.

We are on Sage line 50 V12.01.0068 Finacial Controller on Window XP.
We have tried all the re-indexing and compressing data. We even backed up. un-installed, re-installed (from the disc) and imported. now it wont let me un-install as it shows a file which can not be found (ARCHIVE? ' Z0-), the question mark is upside down and the 0is small and higher than the Z.
Whatever I try this file cannot be moved,copied or deleted. So I am now unable to uninstall the programme, so when i re-install it comes up with all the company data automatically.

Extremely fed up and frustrated sage user!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP

niceguyedy
User
User

Re: LINE 50 DOUBLE CLICK SHUTDOWN

Post by niceguyedy » 07 Sep 2009, 08:38

have you ran check data?

make sure you back up before trying any fixes, if the fixes fail or dont work, allways restore after.

the data and the app are seperate, data will stay where it is, no matter what you do with the app.....

possibly problem......( only if you know what your doing )

check the currency.dta file and the country.dta file, they should read a list of countrys and currencys ( in english ) there will be other random bits of text in there, but if it looks corrupted....call support....do not try to replace these files yourself.

weirwood
User
User
Sage Version: v2007 13 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by weirwood » 01 Oct 2009, 09:57

Hi there, my Line 50 v14 has just started doing the same thing, causing just the same irritation. The only thing I can think of is that I installed IE8 recently, but apart from that nothing has changed on a system that has been working fine for a couple of years. Have you had a solution to the problem yet? If so, could you share it with me please?
Thanks
Chris

billshankley
User
User
Sage Version: v2015 21 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by billshankley » 07 Oct 2009, 15:00

IE8 may well be the problem, sage a while ago sent out an email stating specifically that it was "not yet compatible with IE8 so don't be suprised if our shoddy program can't cope."

niceguyedy
User
User

Post by niceguyedy » 16 Oct 2009, 14:14

sound sliek corrupt country and currency files to me, call support.

kim.taylor
User
User
Sage Version: v2009 15 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by kim.taylor » 20 Oct 2009, 09:12

I am having the same problem with double click shut down since installing IE8, even though i use firefox as my default browser.

i think sage must somehow be set to use IE - is there anyway of telling sage not to?

Kim

kim.taylor
User
User
Sage Version: v2009 15 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by kim.taylor » 20 Oct 2009, 10:00

I now have a fix for this.

The problerm occurs during the instlation of IE8, or possibly if you do not use IE as your default browser.

The fix is the same:

Open IE navigate to favourites.

In favourites you will find a folder called sorted bookmarks and it will have two small squares in front of it.

right click this folder - choose rename and delete the two small squares.

Close explorer - and the job should be done.

Kim

Hugh James
User
User
Sage Version: v2008 14 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by Hugh James » 28 Oct 2009, 13:51

Thanks Kim for that fix , I had a similar problem . I e-mailed Sage a couple of times with the usual lack of response. I think their support e-mail must be similar to the fax machine at customer services in Ryanair , it feeds straight into the bin..... How on earth you ever found the correllation beween the two squares in a folder name in IE 8 and the Sage bug is a mystery to me , you must be a god of some sort . :D

bettysue11
User
User
Sage Version: v2007 13 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by bettysue11 » 03 Dec 2009, 12:02

OMG! Kim you are amazing! How on earth you found this out I have no idea but I am eternally grateful :D :D :D