Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

help with reconcile bank, worried sick

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
mylee15
User
User

help with reconcile bank, worried sick

Post by mylee15 » 09 Jul 2009, 07:03

hi guys, hoping for some help, been worrying myself all night about this
im fai at rly new to sage, self taught ive had no probs with reconciling my bank until this month....when ive matched everything from my bank statement is shows i have a minus figure.so obviously ive made a mistake somewhere... are there some reports i can print off to help find what ive done wrong?
if there are would someone kindly explain where i would find these and basically what im actually looking for?? sorry to seem so dumb,but im at a total loss with this one, so any help is appreciated to get me out of this muddle
please remember in your explanation im totally new to this

thankyou in advance

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: help with reconcile bank, worried sick

Post by brucedenney » 28 Jul 2009, 12:18

Finding errors in bank recs is hard to do, even for people who know what they are doing.

The question is why did it go wrong?

Is the opening balance wrong, if so then it is probably as a result of either data corruption or a correction you have made to a bank reconcilled transaction, in which case you should have had warnings at the time.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

niceguyedy
User
User

Post by niceguyedy » 10 Aug 2009, 16:04

its not hard to do, its simple maths.

your OB in this month will be the close of the previous month, if the OB is right before you reconcile, it is something you are matching that is incorrect.
If the OB is incorrect. Run a statement from after the last day u reconciled, to 2099, it should be empty, if not this is your issue.

If nothing is found, run a statemnet for your previous month, check the OB, it should match your reallife statement. repaet untiol you find a previous months work with an incorrect OB, the error is on that month.

alternative;y, run a deleted transaction report, and look in the bank rec column for deleted reconciled transactions.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 10 Aug 2009, 16:49

The maths is easy, it is the trawling through transactions to find what has gone that is the pain

And that is assuming it isn't a deletion and the opening balance does match.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.