Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Error messages in check data

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
Binnieman
User
User

Error messages in check data

Post by Binnieman » 26 May 2009, 08:11

Hi
Can anyone help with this please. Every time I run check data prior to back up I get the following errors:
1. Our prodcut code - "last transaction mismatch". This happens for three different product codes. I have been back in and checked the transactions for the product codes stated and cannot find anything wrong?
Have tried "Fix it" but this does nothing
Many thanks

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Error messages in check data

Post by brucedenney » 27 May 2009, 13:39

You need to give the exact message that error checking supplies.

Please also give what version of Sage 50 you are running

please read this post viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Binnieman
User
User

Post by Binnieman » 29 May 2009, 12:35

Sorry, we are running Sage Line 50 2008 version 14.012.153 the error message we have are:
Transaction header record 56739 does not link to any splits
Net amount in header 0 disagrees with total net in splits
Tax amount in header 0 disagrees with total in tax splits
Foreign net amount in header 0 disagrees with total net in splits
Foreign tax amount in header 0 disagrees with total tax in splits
Stock code "xxxxxxxx" has last transaction mismatch

(xxxxxxx) represents one of our product codes. This message repeats three times for thre different code numbers

Many thanks

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 01 Jun 2009, 15:59

You will need to restore a backup, data has been lost

look for transaction 56739 in the audit trail and you will find nothing when you drill into it.

If you are really lucky and it is only one transaction and it relates to a prior year or if you know what is should be it might be possible to delete it and if need be repost it.

You are looking at a couple of hundred pounds to get the data repaired.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Binnieman
User
User

Post by Binnieman » 02 Jun 2009, 12:15

Hi
I have managed to sort all error messages apart from the ones relating to the stock codes last transaction mismatch.
I resolved the others by drilling down via financials and found that the ame index hd ben given to two different transactions - one being a payment receipt and the other being a sales invioce. I deleted the payment reciept and reposted then ran the re-index and compress and hey presto sorted. Any thoughts on the stock code mismatches would be welcomed?
Thanks

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 02 Jun 2009, 12:49

The only way to remove the transaction would be to clear stock.

Depending on how you are using Sage this could be virtually inconsequential or catastrophic.

Binnieman
User
User

Post by Binnieman » 03 Jun 2009, 07:46

I am confident that in our case this would be catastrophic. It is odd how the three errors appeared from nowhere with no feasable explanation. I have checked index and evey linked transaction for each of the code numbers affected and can find nothing any different to all other transactions.
Thanks

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 04 Jun 2009, 15:07

Just reminds you how important it is to check data.

Binnieman
User
User

Post by Binnieman » 11 Jun 2009, 11:30

Frustrating thing is we run data check every night and back up every night.
Where the error states Stock Code "XXXXX" has last transaction mismatch followed by Stock Code "XXXXX" quantity in stock disagrees with history by XXX I have found in stock code audit that a transaction is completely missing rom the product code activity.
A sales order was created properly and then allocated and despatched. Invioce was created properly and all shows in customer activity however nothing shows in the product.
I believe that here lies our problem however I have no idea as to why?
Any sugestion would be welcome - or is this looking like a corruption that requires more detailed fix?
You have also mention "on line support" but I am nervous about sharing our company data?
Thanks

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 22 Jun 2009, 16:50

Sounds like it would need a bit more of a fix that you can do as an end user.

You should be nervous about sharing company data, I would be concerned if you were not. If online support is something you would like to consider, then please give me a call and we can have a chat, I can give you some existing clients you can call to "verify" me.

Helpsage
User
User
Sage Version: v2007 13 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by Helpsage » 28 Mar 2013, 18:00

Having the problem similar to yours, how did you delete the sales receipts. Can you let me know in detail please.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 29 Mar 2013, 06:36

I suspect he did not.

Data corruption of this sort really needs expertise and tools to be fixed.

If you don't have a backup to go back to, it can be fixed.. but it is not a cheap option.

http://www.makingithappen.co.uk/sage-su ... ervice.htm