Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

price increases in products

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
hat984
User
User

price increases in products

Post by hat984 » 14 Jan 2008, 19:51

At the company I work for many of our customers have special prices for the products they buy from us. When we need to put the price up on certain products (say by 5%) we have to go into 'Products' enter the product code, select the special price section and then go through every customer individually, manually changing the price they pay. This can be really time consuming when perhaps up to 50 of our customers buy a product that needs a price increase and each customer is paying a slightly different price.

Is their a way in which a product can be selected and a price increase of say 5% can be applied so that all customers with a special buying price for that product will now be paying an extra 5%? No manual editing.

If there is a way I would love to know.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 23 Jan 2008, 15:25

There is no way in Sage.

however, we have an advanced import / export tool that can let you do it in excel.

Price lists are hard to maintain. Good idea to use %ges rather than fixed.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

hat984
User
User

Price increases in Products section

Post by hat984 » 23 Jan 2008, 19:09

Thank you for your reply.
Does this mean that information, such as prices, in excel can just be uploaded to Sage? And from sage to excel?

We do currently work out our price increases on excel (a list of our customers and what they pay for a specific product) But then we manually type in the new increase price on Sage from what we have worked out on excel. If the information can just be imported from the excel spreadsheet in one go then that would save a lot of time.

Please let me know if I have understood correctly.

If this is so, Is the Import/Export tool built in to Sage line50 as standard or an addition?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 25 Jan 2008, 09:41

You are correct

the tool is a 3rd party utility and costs £225

You might also need some help and support setting it up to do what you want.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.