Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Supplier cheque refund

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
angmc
User
User

Supplier cheque refund

Post by angmc » 03 Oct 2007, 09:22

Hi

Can anybody tell me how to deal with a supplier refund i.e. we have overpaid them so they have sent us a cheque for the overpayment (not the whole amount of the original cheque).

I've not been using Sage very long so sorry if this is an obvious one!

Anna

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 05 Oct 2007, 09:19

If you are on standard VAT accounting ...

Raise an Invoice on the supplier account to represent the repayment, it should be t9 and go to 9999. I expect it to be for the balance on the account.

Make a bank receipt T9 to 9999 being the refund from the supplier.

Go to the bank account and do a supplier payment of zero on the account and match off the "dummy invoice" refund to the earlier payment on account.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

angmc
User
User

Post by angmc » 06 Oct 2007, 05:34

Thanks very much for that.

michellet
User
User

Post by michellet » 12 Jan 2008, 17:09

Is it me or is this overly complicated. Why can't Sage give us a button to press or a wizard at least.

I've got a similar situation, received a credit note and cheque from BT so I posted the credit note to the supplier account but left the bank transaction for ages 'coz I just didn't understand the process from the help file

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 23 Jan 2008, 15:21

Latest version does...
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.