Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Running US version alongside UK version

For some reason the powers that be in Sage have decided to us Sage 50 as a name for lots of different accounting systems and this has led to a lot of confusion.

The UK version is sold in UK Eire, Malta, Africa, Australia and New Zealand.

It does get used in other parts of the world (eg China France) but it is not actively marketed.

This forum is for questions relating to the non UK versions.
RMHome
User
User
Sage Version: v29 UK/Europe/Africa

Running US version alongside UK version

Post by RMHome » 28 Jun 2023, 17:35

Hi

Am hoping someone can confirm whether SAGE50 Cloud US version (ex Peachtree) can be installed and run alongside UK version. Appreciate from having multiple UK versions side by side that US version will need to installed in dedicated programme etc folders. Scenario is UK group with 5 companies (all on SAGE50 Cloud UK edn) expanding to US with new subsidiary being formed. UK Head Office finance will manage accounting for US subsid. Have identified a product integratign with SAGE50 to assist with sales tax etc, as business sells services and although base will be Florida initially, likely will sell into other states.

One other point, I assume that extracting data for reporting will be similar to UK SAGE - via ODBC's.

Thanks

RM Home

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Running US version alongside UK version

Post by brucedenney » 29 Jun 2023, 09:45

The only way to tell is to try.

Sage uses common components between multiple products, the report designer in Sage 200 is the Same as in Sage 50 and I have been told this is why you can't run both on the same system.

If they do not get along, then the solution may be to have a virtual machine to run it.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

RMHome
User
User
Sage Version: v29 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by RMHome » 29 Jun 2023, 15:50

Hi

Signed up for trial and appears to be hosted in cloud, so appear that local install isn't an issue.

Looks very different to SAGE50 UK, and initial impressions are good. Accepting localisation issues, do you know if this is close to/based on a current UK product, or is each version / localisation really a completely different product, despite the sometimes confusing naming several as SAGE50 XXXX?

I suppose I'm hoping that there is one product somewhere that might be able to hold all the group's entities without going full ERP etc. or is that a pipe dream? Apologies if this has been asked before - I'm first time handling overseas subsidiaries and trying to get group reporting set up. Having a single consistent source is obviously desirable. Grappling with a mainly SAGEUK and side order of Xero at the minute.......

Thanks

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 29 Jun 2023, 16:35

I have several client who use Sage50 (UK version) all over the world.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.