Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

New Customer Report since last financial year

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
SunsandMoons
User
User
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

New Customer Report since last financial year

Post by SunsandMoons » 20 Jun 2023, 14:00

Hi all,

I've been asked by my coworker to produce a report of all new customers added to Sage since March 22, preferably broken down per quarter.

According to him, my predecessor did this within Sage but I haven't been able to figure out how, and there weren't any notes left behind.

Sage: 28.1.404.0
System: Windows 10, 64-bit

Thanks in advance.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Customer Report since last financial year

Post by brucedenney » 20 Jun 2023, 15:53

There are lots of ways to do this.

An easy way would be to show the Account Opened Date on the customer screen, use a search to only show customers with a creation date greater than xx/xx/xxxx then use excel integration to send the list to excel, where you can then sort them by date, insert some lines and a total at each quarter break or whatever you want.

To do it in the report designer, breaking by quarter would be possible but fairly challenging.

You could also do it by linking the data from the sales_ledger table into an excel sheet and building it from there, the advantage of this is that next year, you just need to change a date range and refresh.

I would probably do it the easy way. I just had a look at my data to see how many customers we got each year and it took me 5 mins to do. It was interesting but, it says nothing about the quality of the customers or how much they spend, so I don't rate it as a metric on it's own.

You probably want to look at customer retention as well and see how many customer you have lost each year (which you can do by looking at the last invoice date)

Getting more customers is great, but it is cheaper and easier to look after and retain the customers you have or to sell more to the existing customer base.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

SunsandMoons
User
User

Re: New Customer Report since last financial year

Post by SunsandMoons » 21 Jun 2023, 10:27

Thank you so much for your help and reply!

I ended up going the report designer route, exporting to excel and breaking down by quarter from there. I'd never used report designer before so enjoyed the opportunity play with a new toy, so to speak.

My coworker is very happy with the result, and all done with plenty of time to spare before his meeting :)