Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

What does "Link Removed" mean?

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
topaccountants
User
User
Sage Version: v2009 15 UK/Europe/Africa

What does "Link Removed" mean?

Post by topaccountants » 31 Jan 2011, 20:05

Any Sage accounting gurus here that can help? Looking at this screen clipping from Sage should explain my issue. http://adrianpearson.com/wp-content/upl ... roblem.png

This customer has two transactions in the activity - a sales invoice for £2,085.62 and a sales receipt of £6,677.23. I am trying to find out which customer the balance of £4,591.61 went to?

This customer does not show up as having an outstanding amount on the Aged Debtors report, and the total of the Aged Debtors report agrees to the balance on the debtors control account in the nominal ledger.

Does anyone know how the "Link Removed" situation is likely to have come into existence?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: What does "Link Removed" mean?

Post by brucedenney » 10 Feb 2011, 18:33

This is something that shouldn't happen in future with V2011.

The link removed transaction means that the item that was there has been removed form the audit trail as part of the "clear audit trail" process.

Under the current rules, this should not happen, only transactions where all parts including the links (usages) will be removed, I suspect this is from a year end done in an older version of sage 50.

If you open the company archive, you should be able to find the transaction, before the link was removed and see what it was.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Geordie613
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by Geordie613 » 15 Jun 2017, 16:54

It's six years since this original article and I've had today a whole list of about 20 'link removed's. I have some idea on what may have caused it, but cannot be sure.
I was recently upgraded to Sage 50C accounts, but so far have had no trouble on this front. I also had a data repair carried out. The first thing I tried after the repaired data was restored, threw up the 'Link removed'. I then noticed, that my Debtors Control n/c 1100 did not match an Aged Debtors report. After consultation with Sage Support, I ran a report called 'Aged Reconciliation - Link Removed - SR-SC-SA-SD', and I now have a list of about 20 'Link Removed' transactions.

Any advice will be hugely appreciated.
"Difficulties mastered are opportunities won."
Sir Winston Churchill

Geordie613
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by Geordie613 » 15 Jun 2017, 17:05

Hello again.

I have just restored the information from before the Data 'Repair'. The links are fine and after solving some reconciliation date issues, the debtors and creditor control accounts match the aged debtors and creditors respectively.
I will conclude the issue is with Sage's repair, but I still wonder if you have any advice which may help.
"Difficulties mastered are opportunities won."
Sir Winston Churchill

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 20 Jun 2017, 15:23

The links to the usages have been removed.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.