Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Customer Activity Page Anomaly

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
philthfc
User
User
Sage Version: Other

Customer Activity Page Anomaly

Post by philthfc » 08 Dec 2017, 12:57

Afternoon all,

I am looking for some advice. We are running Sage 50 Accounts 2016 and have encountered an issue where a payment on account has been loaded against a customer account, yet nothing for it is showing in the activity page for the customer.

We have run a transaction listing report and the 'SA' payment for it shows for the correct amount and against the correct A/C, i have also filtered on the account code in the 'Transactions' tab and can see the payment on account.

Yet i go into the customer record and click 'activity' and the payment on account does not show. It shows two other service invoices raised, one payment and one credit...but no sign of the payment on account. The option for 'all transactions' is picked in the 'show' section so it's not down to it being filtered.

The other weird part is that the balance seems to have taken the payment on account into account and thus is correct, however the 'amount paid' figure is only counting the one sales receipt that is showing on the account, it is not including the payment on account. So strange that the balance seems to include it but the amount paid figure does not?

Has anyone come across this before? It is a little concerning that transactions are not showing as they should.

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Customer Activity Page Anomaly

Post by brucedenney » 08 Dec 2017, 13:03

Sounds like data corruption.

Did you run Check Data to make sure your data is not corrupted.

If your data is damaged, then you should restore the last known good backup and rekey the lost work.

I strongly suggest you backup the current data before proceeding, should you be unable to restore a backup, or should the amount of work lost be considerable, we do offer a data fix service.

http://www.makingithappen.co.uk/sage-su ... ervice.htm
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

philthfc
User
User
Sage Version: Other

Post by philthfc » 08 Dec 2017, 13:10

Do i do a data check via maintenance? Currently lots of users in using the system which means i can't access maintenance, assuming it's in there is it?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 11 Dec 2017, 13:25

that is correct
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.