Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Customer refunds

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
amy-officemanager
User
User
Sage Version: v2014 20 UK/Europe/Africa

Customer refunds

Post by amy-officemanager » 08 Sep 2017, 08:39

Hello

I am having trouble showing funds returned to customers, my accountant says to just leave them on their account but several people have had money returned and it is becoming hard to remember which ones have been returned and which ones are actual balances on their account.

For example, we often receive pro forma payment for an item but the final invoice raised is less than the pro forma payment:

Payment received £1000
Sales Invoice £950
Balance on their account that was returned £50

He said I shouldnt do anything that affects the bank account but surely if it is being reconciled it is not matching up because some balances have been returned and some are still on their account??

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Amy

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Customer refunds

Post by brucedenney » 12 Sep 2017, 11:23

You are correct, If you have refunded money and the cheque will not show up in the bank so it will not reconcile.

In Sage customer there is an option Customer Refund, this provides you with a way to write the cheque to the customer and it appear on their account and the bank.

I am sure it is not the case, but if you were to write off the monies you owed to customers, rather than giving them back, then you are committing a criminal offence (theft), this is something that you could be considered personally responsible for so you need to make sure that the refunds are done.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.