Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Username already in use. Unable to logon.

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
scrumpyjack

Username already in use. Unable to logon.

Post by scrumpyjack » 19 Apr 2007, 16:50

My computer crashed & since re-booting I cannot get back into Sage Line 50, V9.00.0023 When logging on as 'manager' it says username already in use (I guess it thinks I'm still logged in) I get option to remove user from request list, doing so then causes a runtime error - stating abnormal program termination. click OK is error box & program shuts down... any help as I desperately need to get back in to backup.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 23 Apr 2007, 18:42

I would GUESS that assuming the problem is not with the actual data the problem lies with one of the user setting files, if you have another user try logging on as the other user.

To clear the problem, BACKUP the sage data folder, search the datafolder for files with the word manager in them. delete/rename the manager user files, delete the queue.dta file and it might just work.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

paxo219
User
User
Sage Version: V10 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Username already in use. Unable to logon.

Post by paxo219 » 12 Nov 2009, 11:45

can you help with regards to how i can remove a user as it says i,m already logged, i know you have to go int queue data and remove something but cant remember how to do this how do i find queue data HELPPPPPPPPPPPP

Site4
User
User
Sage Version: v2009 15 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by Site4 » 19 Nov 2009, 21:44

delete queue.dta
Dave

jennie taylor
User
User

Post by jennie taylor » 12 Jan 2010, 18:21

Where do I type delete queue.dta?

jennie taylor
User
User

Post by jennie taylor » 12 Jan 2010, 19:17

found answer in another discussion. deleted queue date and can now log in

medonaldson
User
User
Sage Version: v2009 15 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by medonaldson » 09 Mar 2010, 17:42

Hi, I am running Sage 2010 multi company version and currently have the login problem on the main company data (i.e. company 1). I have deleted the queue.dta file, however this has not worked. I can log in as manager, however when I go to run the backup it says that it cannot as the Manager is logged in on a different machine. I only have the one machine, but it seems that every time I log in the machine is given a unique code (shown on the bottom left of the screen). Does anyone have any ideas please?

Many thanks, Mark

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 11 Mar 2010, 16:26

You have deleted the queue.dta file in the wrong data set

check where your data is http://support.makingithappen.co.uk/gui ... d_data.htm and make sure you delete the right file.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 27 Sep 2016, 10:50

There is a current issue 27/09/2016 which is very similar.

It happens after Windows 10 reboots following an update.

The cause is that windows uninstalled .NET 3.5 as part of the update even though Sage uses it!

To fix this go to the windows control panel.
Select Programs
Select Turn Windows Features on or off.
Tick the box beside Microsoft.NET framework 3.5

It will download and reinstall .NET3.5 after a reboot, Sage should work again.

(Incidentally, you may also encounter this issue when installing Sage 50 on fresh installs of Windows as .NET 3.5 is no longer always pre-installed.)