Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Problem adding new departments

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
irenasobolewska
User
User
Sage Version: v12 UK/Europe/Africa

Problem adding new departments

Post by irenasobolewska » 09 May 2011, 12:21

I am on SAGE 50 Accounts Professional 2008 v14

I have set up some departments but now they are not all showing and when I add one it changes the previous ones name and contents etc to the new one I have just added. As an example I had a department ref 201. When I add a dept ref 204 it changes the dept ref of 201 (and all its YTD values) to 204 and adds another dept 204 with exactly the same contents. When I change one of the 204 references back to 201 it changes both the 204s back to 201. I can't create a 202 or 203 ref because it says it already exists (I did set them up) but they have dissapeared and I can't find them. I am obviously doing something wrong - how can I fix this.

Also, when I run a transactional P&L report usign the reference numbers I have given the departments they show as empty. SAGE does however seem to have its own numbering for the departments I have set up. For instance it seems to think that my reference 101 is department 32 (it's about the 32nd dept I have set up). I can find out by trial and error what the SAGE dept number is for my department references but I wonder why this is happening?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Problem adding new departments

Post by brucedenney » 10 May 2011, 14:55

You can not actually add new departments in V2008 as all 1000 departments 000-999 are already created.

You edit them and change them to have non blank names.

I suspect you are editing the same one all the time.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.