Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Problem Connecting v24 & v21

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
soapstar
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Problem Connecting v24 & v21

Post by soapstar » 17 Jan 2018, 21:07

Hi all,

I do realise this is my first post on here however I am really struggling sharing our company data to another PC on our local network. To be specific can anyone please shed any light on whether the data service between v21 and v24 should work? When attempting to connect to our main 'server' PC which holds the data i receive the error ' Unable to connect to Sage Data Service on machine'. I have been through various different steps to ensure each PC is speaking to each other including checking firewall settings, opening correct ports, sharing settings on the server PC. I can open and view the files from the 'server' PC on the other machine on the network.

This has now left me to believe that having the server PC on version 21 and the other PC on version 24 is causing problems? Could anyone confirm this?

I really appreciate any help!!

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Problem Connecting v24 & v21

Post by brucedenney » 18 Jan 2018, 10:54

You have to be on the same version to share data.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.