Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Restored Sage 50, now Sage manufacturing freezes on login before we can restore.

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
natheplas
User
User
Sage Version: v2017 23 UK/Europe/Africa

Restored Sage 50, now Sage manufacturing freezes on login before we can restore.

Post by natheplas » 12 Jan 2017, 19:02

Hi All,

Sage 50 Accounts Version 23.0.3.140
Sage 50 Manufacturing 2013
Server 2012 R2 Standard
Client machines operating system Windows 7 SP1 Pro.

We had warnings flag up when we ran the maintenance check, we then troubleshooted them. We then ran the data check again and we had two errors. I troubleshooted these and we had to delete, reindex, compress. This resulted in more problems and part of our sales order module becoming corrupt. We then decided we needed to restore the data to a point where there weren't any problems.

For Sage accounts this went smoothly, however, we then went to restore manufacturing, but could not as when we log in, it crashes on the log in splash screen. It has been like this for hours now (14:00-19:00 - 5 hours).

Our support walked us through all of this and explained it might be an over night situation and they manually got the file from the back up folder and placed it in the sql express database folder, they explained as the schemas are syncing the account data with the manufacturing data and especially the allocations which take a very long time to sync.

I have to take their word for it as they know a lot more about Sage than I do, however, I wanted to know if anyone has experienced anything similar when restoring accounts and manufacturing.

It's really important we can use our system asap, so if anyone has had a similar experience or has instruction on what to do in this scenario, please let me know. I would be hugely grateful and can come in really early tomorrow to sort it out!

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Nathan :)

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Restored Sage 50, now Sage manufacturing freezes on login before we can restore.

Post by brucedenney » 17 Jan 2017, 12:47

You need to restore both Manufacturing and Sage50 as a set, doing one without the other leads to logical inconsistencies, ie, you are manufacturing for an order in Sage 50 that doesn't yet exist, stock movements to move stock into manufacturing will not have happened and so on.

The best bet would have been a data repair, although even that might not have worked... depends to some extent on the errors if they were all audit trail issues then for sure it would be the best route.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

natheplas
User
User
Sage Version: v2017 23 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Restored Sage 50, now Sage manufacturing freezes on login before we can restore.

Post by natheplas » 08 Feb 2017, 17:53

Hi Bruce,

You were correct, we had to do a data repair in the end, but got our data fixed over the weekend and then I restored it Monday - All good now :)

Nathan